1.    #1  
    I'm a new 755p user, and I was slightly annoyed at the bug that plays the touch tone at the same time as an alert sound, etc. Mainly because I use short tones like the "Alert Beep" for incoming SMS messages and it rendered them almost inaudible.

So I had an idea, and confirmed that if I simply used a tone with some dead space at the beginning they would sound normally. The touch tone sound still plays, but there's enough lead time that they sound normal because the touch tone has finished before the actual ringtone / alert sound plays.

Now, the bad news.

My daughter is such a pokemon fan that she insisted that I use pokemon ringtones and alert sounds. These are publically available midi files, to which I edited to add about a second of lead time. Many of them are pretty useful beeps and jingles, as well as a few longer ones that make decent ringtones.

The good news is, that since this does work and is a pretty effective workaround it shouldn't be too hard for someone to record the native Treo alert sounds and pad them as well. For me, I'm using the Pokemon ones.

In any case, I've found tons of useful information here at treocentral and wanted to give back, so I registered just so I could share a link to the tones in case anyone else was interested.

Thanks Treocentral.

You can download the MIDI tones here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6udcccidsvn
    Last edited by zoompooky; 08/01/2007 at 02:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoompooky View Post
    I'm a new 755p user, and I was slightly annoyed at the bug that plays the touch tone at the same time as an alert sound, etc. Mainly because I use short tones like the "Alert Beep" for incoming SMS messages and it rendered them almost inaudible.

So I had an idea, and confirmed that if I simply used a tone with some dead space at the beginning they would sound normally. The touch tone sound still plays, but there's enough lead time that they sound normal because the touch tone has finished before the actual ringtone / alert sound plays.

Now, the bad news.

My daughter is such a pokemon fan that she insisted that I use pokemon ringtones and alert sounds. These are publically available midi files, to which I edited to add about a second of lead time. Many of them are pretty useful beeps and jingles, as well as a few longer ones that make decent ringtones.

The good news is, that since this does work and is a pretty effective workaround it shouldn't be too hard for someone to record the native Treo alert sounds and pad them as well. For me, I'm using the Pokemon ones.

In any case, I've found tons of useful information here at treocentral and wanted to give back, so I registered just so I could share a link to the tones in case anyone else was interested.

Thanks Treocentral.

You can download the MIDI tones here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6udcccidsvn
    I think the real issue here is why your daughter is hooked on Pokemon.
  3.    #3  
    lol - because she's 6.
    Age really isn't an issue. There are Pokemon fans of all ages (I'm twenty-four myself), and there are a lot worse things for your daughter to be interested in. The only downside is that Pokemon's popularity has fanned a fire of backlash from people who don't see its appeal, so now it's fashionable to despise it-- for no good reason, really.
    Try the patch listed in this thread:

Post-MR Alerts Volume Fix

It was developed for the 700p with the MR, but it should also work for the 755. It fixes the problem where the beginning of alerts and ringtones get cut off. It won't eliminate the touch-tone sound, but you'll be able to hear your alerts and ringtones.
    what is the point of the touch tone sound anyway??? i thought it was a defect on my phone but i guess its on evevry 755p?
    Quote Originally Posted by GSR david View Post
    what is the point of the touch tone sound anyway??? i thought it was a defect on my phone but i guess its on evevry 755p?
    It's a bug in every 755 and the MR updated 700p. Rumer has it that might be one of the reasons Verizon has been slow to pick up the 755.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755