1.    #1  
    Ok, I'm sick to death of the basic email app that came with the 680. It will hang up after commands as long as 10 seconds before executing the desired command.

Driving me crazy!

So I spent a few minutes reading around here what people like and decided to try Snappermail.

Got it downloaded, got it installed. Got it to retrieve email. So far so good!

I next try out "sending" email. Not so good. With the email app that came with... When I start typing the name of the recipient, the app "suggests" possible email addresses. Just like a good app should.

Snappermail does not. Why? I cannot find a preference setting for this at all. I can find no explanation on their website. Could it be its a function that you get once you pay for this app? I'll make use of the 30 day trial either way, but if this is a function that doesn't appear at sometime, it will most likely be a deal killer for me.

I mean who can remember all those email addresses??!!

Would Chatter be better at this?
  2.    #2  
    Never mind.

Figured it out.

who woulda thought to tape the "to" to get an address??!!

Not sure if that will make me happy, time will tell.

But I'll ask again about Chatter. Does this function work "better" than in Snappermail??
    Just type the name of the contact, then click the center button. This will bring up all the contacts that have that name.

Honestly, I would love it if I didn't have to press the center button after typing the name, as it's just 1 extra step. But, then, clicking one button isn't a big deal for me.
    Last edited by chenling; 08/01/2007 at 01:56 PM. Reason: ***I am talking about Snappermail***
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling View Post
    Just type the name of the contact, then click the center button. This will bring up all the contacts that have that name.

Honestly, I would love it if I didn't have to press the center button after typing the name, as it's just 1 extra step. But, then, clicking one button isn't a big deal for me.
    Pressing the space will do the same. IMO, it easier than pressing the center button.
    good luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5.    #5  
    Thanks!

Both good options, but I agree, seems to add a couple of extra moves.

Only been a couple of hours now, but this program doesn't lag!!
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneOfLove View Post
    Never mind.

Figured it out.

who woulda thought to tape the "to" to get an address??!!

Not sure if that will make me happy, time will tell.

But I'll ask again about Chatter. Does this function work "better" than in Snappermail??
    In Chatter you just start typing and a drop down list appears with suggestions.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

7.    #7  
    thanks James! I'll try Chatter next week.