Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Can we start a list of issues on the 755p like lags or hardware probs so those who are considering switching can look in 1 place and decide if they are livable or not.
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    I got mine a week ago. It resets 5-7 times a day, for no reason at all. I hard reset everything and have no new apps on it, still the same problem. I am returning it to get a replacement.

Pretty disappointed.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    let me know how #2 goes.
    Im trying to find reasons not to goto WM but its not looking good
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    My month old 755 has been rock solid, with a healthy number of 3rd party apps installed and used every day. Zero unknown resets or lock ups since I've had it.

I support several remote mobile users with Palm, WM 5 & 6 devices, and have a ability to get anything I want at any time. While WM 6 is a very nice improvement, I was very happy to see the 755 come out and perform well in my testing. The 755 gave me a very good reason not to go with a WM 6 device (although the HTC S720 still looks pretty interesting, if it ever see's the light of day on an EVDO network).
    Had mine since they came out actually had 2. First one I made the mistake of putting a hard case on and the burgundy began to come off...On the first unit I had one reset and thats because I loaded software that wasnt compatiable.

Second one I had one reset and that was when I was trying to remove an icon from my photodial which might not really be a reset. My second one has alot of software, games, etc and I am very very pleased with the stability...I guess I got 2 good ones because mine have been issue free
    My blue 755 died last night. I made a call and then 20 minutes later it would not respond. No amount of button pressing or anything would wake it up. I popped the battery out and replaced it and never got any further than ACCESS POWERED. I then proceeded to go through soft, hard, warm and every other reset I could think of (even with it in the cradle with the battery out which was a trick discovered with the 700 during the MR). It would not get past the Access Powered screen.
    So I am now on my second 755 in about 2 months.
    I have not had a reset issue like I did with the 700. I do not have questionable 3rd party stuff on here although I guess anything added after the day you turn it on could be problematic.
    I have no idea what caused the death/freeze up of my first one.
    Insurance is a must.....
    Quote Originally Posted by amc41 View Post
    Insurance is a must.....
    Insurance? Isn't it still under warranty?
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    1. Occasionally, the vibrate confirmation does not work when the flip the silent switch on top.

2. Still get occasional resets with Blazer. Both when opening and closing web browser.

3. Mini SD card sometimes becomes unrecognized, I just pop it out and pop it back in and it works. I think the connection in the slot is loose or something.

Overall, much more stable than my 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    Insurance? Isn't it still under warranty?
    Yes, it is still under the 1 year Palm warranty. However with Sprint if you have insurance you just go to a service center and they swap it out for you.

I guess I should clarify - I did not go through the Sprint insurance carrier to replace it. It is probably more of a matter of the service plan than an actual insurance claim through Sprint.
    1. Call waiting will stop working.
    Will hear beep, but phone will not allow pick up of new incomming call
    Battery pull correct.

2. Find function will stop working
    Battery pull correct

3. Vol button will stop working
    Battery pull correct

4. Random Battery drain has been seen.
    I have had my 755 for about a week now and i have been very pleased. I have had a lot of different phones or the last 10 years or so. 15 in the last year and I have to say that this one is one of the best. I have had no issues, no dropped calls, no resets, nothing. The only issue I have is with the battery life, ut I can live with that
    Quote Originally Posted by ohthevoices View Post
    I have had my 755 for about a week now and i have been very pleased. I have had a lot of different phones or the last 10 years or so. 15 in the last year and I have to say that this one is one of the best. I have had no issues, no dropped calls, no resets, nothing. The only issue I have is with the battery life, ut I can live with that
    I am not denying the existence of issues either but just so this doesn't become an all 755 have issues thread, I am on a week and a half with one and a week with a second.

Only reset so far is during downloading of IM app with one of the phones. Other than that both phones solid with no third party apps installed (waiting for 4GB cards to arrive).
    Battery life is an issue with mine as I am heavy user.
    In my line of Handspring/Palm phone products from Visor Phone to 755P. This feels the best in my hand, is the most responsive and most stable.
    This may be a silly issue for some, but a pain in the neck for my wife and I, who both have the 755.

The bluetooth screen will open while using the phone without a headset.

We both presume this is from the icon being hit via our cheeks.

And NO we don't have chubby cheeks!

But this is annoying to the max.

Is there a way to remove the bluetooth icon from the screen?
    First it should be said: compared to the 650 and 700p the 755 has been the most stable NVFS CDMA Treo hardware/software released. There are major compromises to keeping it such as diminished battery life and MiniSD, but many issues we lived with on the prior models (HUGE lag, DBcache lockups and resets) are finally being addressed in the 755.

I have several 755's, here are problems that seem to be pretty universal with that model:

mysterious "rapid battery drain" issue (there's a thread about it in the T|C Forums)

DBCache lag is still present, but nowhere near as awful as the 700p.

Same conservative amount of RAM ("50MB available"claimed ) combined with the memory management changes and application requirements means that you should aim for keeping about 5-10MB RAM unused for good performance. That only leaves about 40-45MB for applications and data, extremely tricky for people with larger databases and many mandatory RAM-resident applications (Vindigo, Handmark Express, Docs to Go, anything else that syncs via Hotsync, etc).

Not one of the PIM apps nor the phone app seem to have had any changes from what was in the 700p, so the problems with those apps are still there.

I hate WinceMob too, it's terrible compromises aren't useful for a small, handheld device (though some of the networking features are useful).

Since the only way to carry a single device with both phone and PalmOS is to deal with Palm and the Treo's shortcomings, the 755 is about all we'll get until we get something else. If you can deal with a shorter battery life and throwing away all your SD cards to have one, it's the "best" available Treo for the moment, with caveats.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.