Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just yesterday I pushed thelatest MR from palm.com to my Treo 700p (sprint)

I have an Avic D3 navi in my car and tghe btb200 bluetooth adapter

Prior to this update i was able to connect my phone/make voice calls/push my phonebook

now I cannot even get the phone to connect... The headunit sees the phone and the phone sees the headunit but when I goto connect I get a "connection error"

Ive added the headunit to my palm's trusted devices list and as mentioned they can both see each other but they wont connect.... oddly enough eventhough the headunit tells me "connection error" i still get a bluetooth connected symbol on my palm but when i make phone call theres obviously nothing coming through the headunit nor the phone (since its connect to something)

anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by scrupul0us; 08/01/2007 at 07:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    Just yesterday I pushed thelatest MR from palm.com to my Treo 700p (sprint)

I have an Avic D3 navi in my car and tghe btb200 bluetooth adapter

Prior to this update i was able to connect my phone/make voice calls/push my phonebook

now I cannot even get the phone to connect... The headunit sees the phone and the phone sees the headunit but when I goto connect I get a "connection error"

Ive added the headunit to my palm's trusted devices list and as mentioned they can both see each other but they wont connect.... oddly enough eventhough the headunit tells me "connection error" i still get a bluetooth connected symbol on my palm but when i make phone call theres obviously nothing coming through the headunit nor the phone (since its connect to something)

anyone have any ideas?
    Same here. I have the AVH-P6800DVD and the BTB200. The most I've gotten is for the treo to 'think' it's using bluetooth, but the headunit never gets the signal and switches to where i can hear the bluetooth audio. So my audio gets lost in bluetooth-land...

I'd love to hear of the solution! Worked perfectly fine with 1.08.
  3.    #3  
    I had the SAME issue this morning

back before i switched the MR all i had todo was add the bluetooth module as a trusted device and they would talk splendidly... i even figured out how to push the phonebook over!

now im pissing in the wind... ugh... how ironic that this MR boasts increased BT compatibility
    I had the SAME issue this morning

back before i switched the MR all i had todo was add the bluetooth module as a trusted device and they would talk splendidly... i even figured out how to push the phonebook over!

now im pissing in the wind... ugh... how ironic that this MR boasts increased BT compatibility
    I never did get the phonebook to transfer, but lived without that feature pretty well. Yeah I was confused about that claim too, because I was thinking, 'hmm... bluetooth already seems to work fine. Maybe my phonebook will transfer after the update!'

Maybe a call to Pioneer is in order, but I doubt they'll care.
  5.    #5  
    Phonebook x-fer is EASY...
    go to the x-fer phonebook menu on the AVIC and select that function, you will get a blank screen

go into your contacts on the treo... make sure the ALL group is selected, goto the menu and choose send group, choose bluetooth and select the AVIC and sit back and watch the magic happen...

of course i figured this out 4 hours before I did the MR update and now I cant make any use of it at all

something needs to be done b/c i cant go back to using a headset in the car... it sucks ballz
    Thanks. If I ever get connected again, I'll definitely give that a try!
  7.    #7  
    i know right
  8.    #8  
    i was thinking i might try pressing the reset button on the actual bluetooth unit itself... maybe its cached something thats now changed with the MR... thats the ONLY thing i can think of

i might try calling palm actually if anyone could give me the right number to call... it would seem to be me if they are boasting better bluetooth with this MR that they must have altered the bluetooth stack, or something... either way we need some answers
    Last edited by scrupul0us; 08/02/2007 at 10:04 AM.
    Pioneer D3
    BTB-200
    755p and 700p (unfortunately updated to 1.10)

I have talked to Pioneer, Palm and Sprint. No Dice so far, no one wants to help or fix the issue.

Palm 813-313-4913 (Don't choose your carrier and you will get palm)
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmLoyal View Post
    Pioneer D3
    BTB-200
    755p and 700p (unfortunately updated to 1.10)

I have talked to Pioneer, Palm and Sprint. No Dice so far, no one wants to help or fix the issue.

Palm 813-313-4913 (Don't choose your carrier and you will get palm)
    Did each point the finger at the other? What kind of feedback did you get? Did Palm even acknowledge that the issue exists?
    I'm actually on the phone with Palm again right now. Sprint said it was a Palm issue. Pioneer totally blew me off and said its not their fault.

What I can't believe is that the 700p 1.08 worked well and now a newer phone will not work...

UPDATE: Palm said Pioneer is not supported and "maybe in a month or so they would be able to add it to their list of tested car kits"

What a bunch of BS, now I need to either not use the $200 BT kit in my car and go back to my Moto kit which works with the 755 or get a new phone...
    Last edited by PalmLoyal; 08/02/2007 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmLoyal View Post
    I'm actually on the phone with Palm again right now. Sprint said it was a Palm issue. Pioneer totally blew me off and said its not their fault.

What I can't believe is that the 700p 1.08 worked well and now a newer phone will not work...

UPDATE: Palm said Pioneer is not supported and "maybe in a month or so they would be able to add it to their list of tested car kits"

What a bunch of BS, now I need to either not use the $200 BT kit in my car and go back to my Moto kit which works with the 755 or get a new phone...
    That's pretty much what I expected. I've heard ppl mention Pioneer not taking a hand in resolving customer complaints whenever they could avoid doing so. It worked before the update, so it's not a Sprint issue (btw, I'm Verizon and I have the problem too, so it's not anything Sprint did to the MR). It's pretty much a problem caused by Palm and their MR.
  13.    #13  
    well i said F it and turned the 700P in today for a 755P... at the very least now my phone WORKS...

755 actually isnt bad... the launcher X skin looks nicer as it works with the battery icon but somehow its un-teathered from the "Home" button

i *WAS* able to get the AVIC added to the trusted devices list... dont ask me how, it was a freak of nature, but never-the-less, it didnt allow me to connect the phone... it just tricked the phone into thinking it was connected... shortyl after i got an error while trying to pair the two that said "cannot add to trusted device list" but it was already added... so it removed it and i was back to square 1

so its def a palm issue with the bluetooth stack

it would be nice if someone knew how to view/edit the BT stack of a 1.08 firmware/ROM and then compare/edit the BT stack of a 700P 1.10 or 755P 1.04 ROM to change it back

im not holding my breath here.. the krzr just became my car phone since it pairs fine.... just need a car charger for it

palm... you really funked us over here!

someone did tell me to try this:
    http://www.softick.com/bluetooth-audio/

supposedly it adds A2DP profile support
    well i said F it and turned the 700P in today for a 755P... at the very least now my phone WORKS...

755 actually isnt bad... the launcher X skin looks nicer as it works with the battery icon but somehow its un-teathered from the "Home" button

i *WAS* able to get the AVIC added to the trusted devices list... dont ask me how, it was a freak of nature, but never-the-less, it didnt allow me to connect the phone... it just tricked the phone into thinking it was connected... shortyl after i got an error while trying to pair the two that said "cannot add to trusted device list" but it was already added... so it removed it and i was back to square 1

so its def a palm issue with the bluetooth stack

it would be nice if someone knew how to view/edit the BT stack of a 1.08 firmware/ROM and then compare/edit the BT stack of a 700P 1.10 or 755P 1.04 ROM to change it back

im not holding my breath here.. the krzr just became my car phone since it pairs fine.... just need a car charger for it

palm... you really funked us over here!

someone did tell me to try this:
    http://www.softick.com/bluetooth-audio/

supposedly it adds A2DP profile support
    Being with Verizon, I don't have the option of a 755. I'm seriously considering a 700WX though, and I hate Windows Mobile. I hate my BTB200 not connecting more though.
    I got the btb200 this spring. It's never worked with any win mo phone i have. Not my 700wx, 750 or tmobile dash. I contacted Pioneer and spoke with a couple of different people and both said the same thing. It may work with some smart phones but it works with no win mo phones. I remember seeing a link to some software from
    http://www.jetwaremobile.com/bthfx/purchase.html
    I've seen posts claiming great results. In my case I was able to make a single call and then nothing ever again.
    good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by cawingzfan View Post
    I got the btb200 this spring. It's never worked with any win mo phone i have. Not my 700wx, 750 or tmobile dash. I contacted Pioneer and spoke with a couple of different people and both said the same thing. It may work with some smart phones but it works with no win mo phones. I remember seeing a link to some software from
    http://www.jetwaremobile.com/bthfx/purchase.html
    I've seen posts claiming great results. In my case I was able to make a single call and then nothing ever again.
    good luck
    I got the 700WX, and using Jetmobile I connect 100%. The software works so well I can't believe it. I'm able to transfer contacts and everything. For $15, it is sooo worth it!

Goodbye, Treos+PalmOS... you failed me in my time of need.
    I went to their site, www.jetwaremobile.com and they had a new build. I installed it this morning. Awesome. Using my 750, I can make and receive calls, it has autoconnected every time (ok twice so far). I see the previous poster mentioned the price was $15. Great job by the jetware people/person.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawingzfan View Post
    I went to their site, www.jetwaremobile.com and they had a new build. I installed it this morning. Awesome. Using my 750, I can make and receive calls, it has autoconnected every time (ok twice so far). I see the previous poster mentioned the price was $15. Great job by the jetware people/person.
    Yep, if you have a btb200, the Jetware app is a must-have!
  19.    #19  
    unless ur a Palm person, then like me you are BONED

im surprised NO ONE has figured out how to dump the 700P pre 1.10 BT stack and see whats changed and make a patch or on-the-fly toggle to finagle the 700P and up devices

oh well
    Yeah, sorry scrupul0us, I feel for you. I'm surprised yet not. This seems to be such an isolated case... the 1.10 fix seemed to make most user's bt connections stronger and better. We'd need a strong Palm OS coder to actually be affected by this before anything will occur, or a lot of money offered towards a Palm OS coder!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast