Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    During my couple of months with WM and the PPC6700 and Samsung IP-830W, I found a little bluetooth app. that would redirect ALL audio to bluetooth. With this little app. I could listen to music with my regular bluetooth headsets.

    Is there anything like this for the PalmOS?
  2. #2  
    I use Audio Gateway (http://www.softick.com/mobile/bluetooth-audio/) which can redirect stereo audio to bluetooth headsets.
  3.    #3  
    Oh I know about Softick's Audio Gateway, but I didn't know it was capable of piping all audio to standard (non A2DP) headsets.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Oh I know about Softick's Audio Gateway, but I didn't know it was capable of piping all audio to standard (non A2DP) headsets.
    I do not believe it does., unfortunatly. That is what I am ultimatley looking for as well, a way to just play audio over a regular bluetooth headset (mono) or even a single ear (mono?)A2DP headset. i don't think it exists but if i'd love to be wrong!
    "Bound to cover just a little more ground"
  5. #5  
    SAG has a free trial so you can easily find out the answer to most of your questions.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks. No point in trying it though. I know it doesn't do what I'm asking about.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Thanks. No point in trying it though. I know it doesn't do what I'm asking about.
    Softick posted a letter of sorts on thier forums in SAG section saying that its impossible to do it on current POS Treos. Its something about how the OS talks to the BT radio etc etc. Just impossible from what I understand.

    They say that they havent given up tho.

    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  8. dagold99's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #8  
    I use a blue tooth adaptor made by cardo. It works very well to listen to audio with my bt5020. Jabra also makes a blue tooth adaptor
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dagold View Post
    I use a blue tooth adaptor made by cardo. It works very well to listen to audio with my bt5020. Jabra also makes a blue tooth adaptor
    not sure what you mean, can you explain a little? Sounds very interesting to me, I googled Cardo and Jabra adapters and most seem to be just for phones w/o bluetooth, how do you use the bluetooth adapter to listen to audio (music I assume you mean i.e. ptunes) with a standard (mono) bluetooth headset?
    "Bound to cover just a little more ground"
  10. dagold99's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #10  
    It's very simple. I just plug the bluetooth adaptor into the headphone jack on my treo 700p and than pair my bluetooth headset to the adaptor. You don't even need bluetooth on the phone itself. You are not using it. You do not get stereo but it is great for podcasts.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dagold View Post
    It's very simple. I just plug the bluetooth adaptor into the headphone jack on my treo 700p and than pair my bluetooth headset to the adaptor. You don't even need bluetooth on the phone itself. You are not using it. You do not get stereo but it is great for podcasts.
    wow, I had no idea that would work! So any average run-of-the-mill 2.5mm bluetooth adapter can redirect audio to a standard (non-A2DP) bluetooth headset? Does it redirect stero (i.e. ptunes or TCPMP) audio in mono? Or can you only use it for mono stuff like podcasts
    "Bound to cover just a little more ground"

Posting Permissions