Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 80
  1.    #1  
    I have noticed in some areas when I had 20226 I had descent coverage with out dropped calls until I upgraded to 20227, so I was hesitant to take 20229 fearing the same result in some same fashion. I said what the heck and took the plunge and updated to the latest revision. 20229 is it for those who are unaware.
    at&t iPhone3G
  2. #2  
    Tks for the heads up KStewart. My lastest was 20227 as well.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I have noticed in some areas when I had 20226 I had descent coverage with out dropped calls until I upgraded to 20227, so I was hesitant to take 20229 fearing the same result in some same fashion. I said what the heck and took the plunge and updated to the latest revision. 20229 is it for those who are unaware.
    Let us know if your plunge is fruitful. I started having issues in some places with 20227 as well (I think) and am anxious to know if they're fixed.

    Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

    Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  4. #4  
    yes, please keep us updated, my service took a plunge with 20227, they said there is no way to go back a PRL, so hopefully this one fixed issues
  5. #5  
    What's a good way to actually get a PRL update? When I talk to the computer, I say "PRL update" but then I get transferred to someone in India who has no idea what a PRL update is. She took all my info (uneccessarily) than said hold on. I asked her if she knew was I was talking about, she said "Yes." 5 minutes later she comes back and informs me that a PRL update is a "Preferred Roaming List." Well thanks!

    Then I called back and got someone in billing who said he needed to transfer me to technical support to do it.

    And then I ended up back in the queue.

    Maybe they could save money if they had compenent people answering the phone. This should be a 30 second call, not 20 minutes.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc View Post
    What's a good way to actually get a PRL update? When I talk to the computer, I say "PRL update" but then I get transferred to someone in India who has no idea what a PRL update is. She took all my info (uneccessarily) than said hold on. I asked her if she knew was I was talking about, she said "Yes." 5 minutes later she comes back and informs me that a PRL update is a "Preferred Roaming List." Well thanks!
    LOL! For Sprint, I've heard that this works:

    When you call *2 and you get the automated voice simply say: 'PRL update'. You should be transferred to tech support. You will have to speak with a live rep. Simply say to them these words (and only these words) "I would like to have my account flagged for an over the air PRL update."
    Then wait a half hour and call *2 again. May take a couple of tries to get someone who knows what you are asking for. Verizon owners, on the other hand, can just call *228 and pick option 2 to get the latest PRL OTA automatically.

    Does anyone know the procedure for Bell Canada? A friend of mine has a (non-Treo) phone with a rediculously old PRL. TIA!
  7. dlai's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #7  
    *2 is always hit and miss. Try calling the data group directly: 1 866-588-9907. You could also try calling EVDO support at 1 877-654-9111. Always works for me calling either number the first try.

    I just called the 866 number, had to hold for about 10 minutes, but got a rep on the line who flagged my account. Did the *2 and I now have PRL 20229. Other than the wait, it was quite painless. For me, calling the 866 number is the way to go...
    Last edited by dlai; 08/01/2007 at 01:50 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Let us know if your plunge is fruitful. I started having issues in some places with 20227 as well (I think) and am anxious to know if they're fixed.
    I will keep all posted. I don't know if this update had anything to do with it but as soon as I updated to 20229 when my email synced it would time out on the imap server and it did that for at home and went back to normal when I tried to get my email manually at work the next morning...not saying the update was the culperate but I never had that problem last all evening until next morning timing out and I know it was all night because when I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night I tried to sync again out of curiousity and then tried when I got up in the morning at home. So far I haven't tried making any extensive calls at home to see if I still have any drop signal issues as I have had since 20227.
    Last edited by KStewart; 08/01/2007 at 06:06 PM.
    at&t iPhone3G
  9. #9  
    Maybe I don't understand what a PRL update does, but it was my understanding it had nothing to do with Powervision or web access, but only with roaming. That means it shouldn't have anything to do with your email retrieval. Someone want to comment that knows?
    Last edited by davidra; 08/01/2007 at 06:34 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc View Post
    What's a good way to actually get a PRL update? When I talk to the computer, I say "PRL update" but then I get transferred to someone in India who has no idea what a PRL update is. She took all my info (uneccessarily) than said hold on. I asked her if she knew was I was talking about, she said "Yes." 5 minutes later she comes back and informs me that a PRL update is a "Preferred Roaming List." Well thanks!

    Then I called back and got someone in billing who said he needed to transfer me to technical support to do it.

    And then I ended up back in the queue.

    Maybe they could save money if they had compenent people answering the phone. This should be a 30 second call, not 20 minutes.
    Keep trying until you get someone who speaks English! I got it on my second call and they flagged my account. After you hang up with CS, then you call
    *2 again and then you say PRL udate to Gordana(yes I call her Gordana because she annoys me like someone else I know) anyways, then the programming of your phone will start and you wait on the line until finished, then do a soft reset and check phone info to see if the update was succesfully taken. If you still get idiots on the phone and can't get help, try the corporate line 888.788.4727
    at&t iPhone3G
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Let us know if your plunge is fruitful. I started having issues in some places with 20227 as well (I think) and am anxious to know if they're fixed.
    My wife also has the same PRL number sequence on her A900 Blade and her phone worked awesome around the house when she had PRL 20225, then I updated her phone to 20227 for her and she had dropping call issues like crazy. It got so bad after 3 months that she couldn't hold a call longer than a minute. I took her A900 in and said it was a piece of junk and also the camera went out so they gave me a new A900 Blade with PRL 20225 out of the box and her phone is back to awesome now. I use her phone more than mine at home for now. I took the plunge with 20229 hoping this will bring me back on my 700p.
    at&t iPhone3G
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Maybe I don't understand what a PRL update does, but it was my understanding it had nothing to do with Powervision or web access, but only with roaming. That means it shouldn't have anything to do with your email retrieval. Someone want to comment that knows?
    I know it has nothing to do with email...I was just throwing $hit up in the air to state out a change that happened after the update because I was reaching...lol. Treos suck so bad and have problems that occur even when they are unrelated to the changes or applications at hand that any anomaly that happens should be considered.
    at&t iPhone3G
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Maybe I don't understand what a PRL update does, but it was my understanding it had nothing to do with Powervision or web access, but only with roaming. That means it shouldn't have anything to do with your email retrieval. Someone want to comment that knows?
    Probable answer to email issue last night
    at&t iPhone3G
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Maybe I don't understand what a PRL update does, but it was my understanding it had nothing to do with Powervision or web access, but only with roaming. That means it shouldn't have anything to do with your email retrieval. Someone want to comment that knows?
    All PRL updates do is save Sprint money, it does not add tower aquisition or anything new. Just enables the new billing rate for roaming partners. It has a nice placebo effect though.......
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffnician View Post
    All PRL updates do is save Sprint money, it does not add tower aquisition or anything new. Just enables the new billing rate for roaming partners. It has a nice placebo effect though.......
    You are right about saving Sprint money...but in the area where we moved further out in the country we were still getting good coverage with the occasional jump to roam here and there in the house and down the street. As soon as we both updated to PRL 20227 it went down hill. The both of us dropped calls to insanity. We could only hold a conversation in certain parts of the house being the kitchen and the dining room but upstairs in the bedrooms and in the basement it was drop city. After getting my wifes A900 replaced and checking her new phone and seeing it had PRL 20225 and every since we got home her phone has awesome reception with no drops and seemless transfer to roam like before. With 20227, the phones would rather drop before automatically switching to roam? Not saying all the above is validating that PRL has anything to do with coverage or reception, I am just stating out the change and am wondering myself why if anybody knows the answer. I am leaving her phone at 20225 but I had to update to 20229 with my 700p to see if I can bring the o'l days back to new. Like I said in the later post the Treo sucks and even unrelated things lead to bad performace anomalies so I leave nothing out in searching for answers.
    Last edited by KStewart; 08/01/2007 at 08:31 PM.
    at&t iPhone3G
  16. #16  
    I understand completly. Weird that something so black and white could produce this much gray. I just relay the information I've had crammed down my throat. I agree I have had better roaming experiences with updates, than without. I just update because I can and have the abilty to go back to whatever one i choose. I've been rockin 20227 since the MR and have seen no reason to go forward or backward, buy I am a glutton for punishment so I am updating to 20229 to try and feel some pain. I think my Treos pissed at me for going to the Mogul for 3 weeks. I'll see if this does anything one way or the other....
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffnician View Post
    I understand completly. Weird that something so black and white could produce this much gray. I just relay the information I've had crammed down my throat. I agree I have had better roaming experiences with updates, than without. I just update because I can and have the abilty to go back to whatever one i choose. I've been rockin 20227 since the MR and have seen no reason to go forward or backward, buy I am a glutton for punishment so I am updating to 20229 to try and feel some pain. I think my Treos pissed at me for going to the Mogul for 3 weeks. I'll see if this does anything one way or the other....
    How do you go back in PRL?
    at&t iPhone3G
  18. #18  
    Has to be done over the wire at a sprint store, I work in one so its easy for me to do. Most techs will tell you it can't be done but they are just to lazy to learn how to do it.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffnician View Post
    Has to be done over the wire at a sprint store, I work in one so its easy for me to do. Most techs will tell you it can't be done but they are just to lazy to learn how to do it.
    Thanks muff...I will give 20229 time to prove itself and if it doesn't get better then I will try to take her back to 20225 when things were good if all of the above was the case at all?
    at&t iPhone3G
  20. #20  
    Lets hope it works for you. If you have trouble and want to go back, PM me and I will see if can offer any assitance in finding you a tech that will help you. I dont know where you are and dont want to broadcast that much personal information. Best of luck.

    Muff
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions