Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    scratch that. wrong forum 755p = 60610

sorry for the confusion
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I only pay $15 for power vision and I have all their TV channels including live... Don't know how I got that... I am on fair and flex also.
    Apparently, Sprint recently changed their data plans around, along w/ their calling plans. It doesn't sound like Fair and Flex is even around any more.

In any case, their basic Treo plan is still the Access Pack, but they added more TV and Music channels it seems. They also claim unlimited OnDemand is one of the features, which is news to me.

GPS Navigation is one of the new packs for instance.

Here's the listing of the "new" packs:
    http://datapack.sprint.com/PowerVisionLanding.htm
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by guyver510 View Post
    Apparently, Sprint recently changed their data plans around, along w/ their calling plans. It doesn't sound like Fair and Flex is even around any more.

In any case, their basic Treo plan is still the Access Pack, but they added more TV and Music channels it seems. They also claim unlimited OnDemand is one of the features, which is news to me.

GPS Navigation is one of the new packs for instance.

Here's the listing of the "new" packs:
    http://datapack.sprint.com/PowerVisionLanding.htm
    Fair and Flex has been gone for over a half a year now may be pushing a year don't quote me.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I am so ready to throw Sprint in the trash Time for Verizon and a BB
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I am so ready to throw Sprint in the trash Time for Verizon and a BB

Be ready to empty your pockets. If you want to utilize the speeds of an EVDO data plan and BB connect plan...you will be paying almost twice the amount with less bang for the buck e.g. minutes and a questionable not real UNLIMITTED data plan(i.e. 5gb data limmit and if you surpass it verizon shuts you down). If you aren't having good coverage with Sprint where you live and where you work or travel then go to Verizon...I would if it was coverage but as long as Sprint is giving me good coverage, I would be an ***** to waiste money like that and not get real unlimmeted data. At least when Sprint screws me, I can reach around and slap them but I couldn't deal with being raped while tied up and gagged and not being able to do anything about it and just taking it with Verizon.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by JigSawMan View Post
    You can have Sprint flag your account for PRL update by emailing them.

email to: ecare@cc.sprintpcs.com

In the message include the following:

a. The Account holder's PCS Phone Number;
    b. The Account Holder's email address of record;
    c. The Account Holder's Mailing Address;
    d. A politely worded request to flag your account for PRL update.

It is not the fastest way, I usually don't get a response for 12 hours, but it has not failed yet.
    Thanks for the idea! Just e-mailed to have both of my phones flagged!

Update: Worked great, both phones got their PRL updates!
    Last edited by DigitalOverlord; 08/22/2007 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Update
    I emailed to have my account flagged with PRL 20229. I got the email back that it was flagged. I called *2 and the update was applied. I now have PRL 40407. What is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    I emailed to have my account flagged with PRL 20229. I got the email back that it was flagged. I called *2 and the update was applied. I now have PRL 40407. What is this?

What kind of phone do you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    What kind of phone do you have?
    Treo 700p from Sprint.
    I called Sprint. They told me I did not need any PRL updates, "they did nothing." She went on to tell me that they were different from software updates that fried your phone. I told her I was very much aware of what the MRs did to a phone. I have been through 4. She then said that PRL updates only were needed if you moved from one place to another. I said my phone shows PRL 40407, and asked what was current for the 700p. She researched and said 20229. I said flag my phone with that. She did, I now have 20229. It only took about an hour. You would think someone from Sprint would know what a PRL update was?????
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    I called Sprint. They told me I did not need any PRL updates, "they did nothing." She went on to tell me that they were different from software updates that fried your phone. I told her I was very much aware of what the MRs did to a phone. I have been through 4. She then said that PRL updates only were needed if you moved from one place to another. I said my phone shows PRL 40407, and asked what was current for the 700p. She researched and said 20229. I said flag my phone with that. She did, I now have 20229. It only took about an hour. You would think someone from Sprint would know what a PRL update was?????

How in the world could the wrong PRL get onto your phone? That is so weid.
    Glad it worked it out for you.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I need to know how to revert back to 20227, this 29 is worse for me since,im in a fair coverage area at home. so every little bit helps.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffnician View Post
    I was able to have tech support roll back my PRL to 20226 as stated above, is possible, you just need to ask and insist for it - they know it can be done but prefer not to do it.

To my knowledge we have the same systems that Customer Care uses and I have never been able to tell it to send a specific PRL file; the account is either flagged for an update or not. I'm glad you had success with getting it done over the air. I'll dig a little deeper to see if our systems are the same or not.

Muff
    Quote Originally Posted by black ice View Post
    I need to know how to revert back to 20227, this 29 is worse for me since,im in a fair coverage area at home. so every little bit helps.
    Though other members swear this has nothing to do with coverage and I can understand so in relation to the applications at hand I have also experienced the same problem since 20226. Quoted above, Muffnician above states in a prior post as to how to turn back the time in PRL implications and he has even said that tech support at certain repair centers can do this on site.
    at&t iPhone3G
    UPDATE!!!!!! I have lost all ability to roll back PRL's as of right now. The powers that be decided that all techs should be working with the same load set on the computer they use to service customers phone, and have removed the legacy application I was using to roll back PRL's!!!! In fact they made it where I can't update any phones whatsoever!!! I am dead in the water with the way things are now. I need some time to get things reconfigured and see what they left me with and what they took away. I am more determined than ever to find out if this is possible over the air. Sorry to all who have been trying to get this done, those techs that would have helped you before are most likely in the same situation I am. Just when I think I have the game figured out, they change the f'ing rules. If I discover the Holy Grail and actually find this OTA application capable of backdating PRL's I will provide details.
    They make it really hard for me to like my job some times..

Muff
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffnician View Post
    UPDATE!!!!!! I have lost all ability to roll back PRL's as of right now. The powers that be decided that all techs should be working with the same load set on the computer they use to service customers phone, and have removed the legacy application I was using to roll back PRL's!!!! In fact they made it where I can't update any phones whatsoever!!! I am dead in the water with the way things are now. I need some time to get things reconfigured and see what they left me with and what they took away. I am more determined than ever to find out if this is possible over the air. Sorry to all who have been trying to get this done, those techs that would have helped you before are most likely in the same situation I am. Just when I think I have the game figured out, they change the f'ing rules. If I discover the Holy Grail and actually find this OTA application capable of backdating PRL's I will provide details.
    They make it really hard for me to like my job some times..

Muff
    Thats really disappointing. Everything was fine ... until that damn 20227! Now its brutal!
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas View Post
    Thats really disappointing. Everything was fine ... until that damn 20227! Now its brutal!
    I am curious to know if and how its possible for this to affect reception and coverage. I was surprised how well my 700p was as a phone right out of the box with 20226. While PRL updates helps Sprint save money, it costs us performance.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I am curious to know if and how its possible for this to affect reception and coverage. I was surprised how well my 700p was as a phone right out of the box with 20226. While PRL updates helps Sprint save money, it costs us performance.
    It makes no sense that these would disrupt reception or data networks since they are just supposed to "improve" roaming. But you have a lot of real world testing that certainly says it does.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Maybe someone with muc more technical knowledge than I, can take this info here:

http://www.evdoforums.com/thread2661.html

and use it to roll back to a pre-20227 PRL. It is a thread that talks about how to manually update the PRL for your Sprint laptop card. It uses a program called Sprint Connection Manager and the link to download it, but I don't know how you can get that to see a regular phone. Also, it links to all the PRL updates available as files too.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I tried that last weekend and had three calls that went directly to voicemail instead of ringing the phone and left no notification. Even tho it was roaming, as soon as I changed it back to "allow roaming" all three VM's came through.
    You need to assign a ringtone for roaming calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    You need to assign a ringtone for roaming calls.

I had one set; always have. It had something to do with forced roaming. Hasn't happened again in the same situation.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234