Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Took the words right outta my mouth
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintpcs View Post
    I was reading this forum and I found that some of you are not happy with PRL version greater than 20226 on your phone. I thought I might upload PRL 20226 so some of you might be able to use this for your phone.
    How do you apply this?
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Everybody knows that one. Try that for 50% or more of your alloted minutes a month and you will find a letter from Sprint in the mail. It would be cheaper for Sprint to show you the back door than keep you since you utilize Verizons network so much (i.e. might as well be with Verizon). I do the same when I am in the basement but I keep my forced roaming down to 10% or less of my usable minutes a month, especially after the recent Sprint scare. I might have free roaming but Sprint pays for that agreement and I am sure if it is abused it is not in their best interest.
    Not that I have a problem with that. Sprint is the worst company in the world. If they cancel my contract, I will just sign with verizon... at least they would trade a 700p for anything like my friend had.. they gave him a BB8830 for free.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Not that I have a problem with that. Sprint is the worst company in the world. If they cancel my contract, I will just sign with verizon... at least they would trade a 700p for anything like my friend had.. they gave him a BB8830 for free.
    I can agree with that. I am also getting sick of Sprint in certain arenas, but I don't like Verizon either...not only is their data expensive, you get less bang for the buck with their voice plans also and they charge more for their phones(e.g. Verizon's 700wx after discount 399.99 and Sprints 700wx is 299.99) Sprint gives you more of a subsidy on the handsets that you of course have to qualify for but at least the savings is there. How long is Verizon going to keep doing this in the light of their boasting network. I agree they have a good network but its dead wrong that customers have to pay like they are the only carrier in town type of mentality.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I can agree with that. I am also getting sick of Sprint in certain arenas, but I don't like Verizon either...not only is their data expensive, you get less bang for the buck with their voice plans also and they charge more for their phones(e.g. Verizon's 700wx after discount 399.99 and Sprints 700wx is 299.99) Sprint gives you more of a subsidy on the handsets that you of course have to qualify for but at least the savings is there. How long is Verizon going to keep doing this in the light of their boasting network. I agree they have a good network but its dead wrong that customers have to pay like they are the only carrier in town type of mentality.
    Which is how I ended up screwed by Sprint in the first place lol. They lowered their data alot its not $50 anymore and now they have unlimited text. But you still get less mnutes for the $
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Which is how I ended up screwed by Sprint in the first place lol. They lowered their data alot its not $50 anymore and now they have unlimited text. But you still get less mnutes for the $
    I still have my grandfathered Fair and flex family plan and I got a good deal with it with 18% corporate discount, $10 for premium Power Vision package...its all Sprint has got to keep me hanging on.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I only pay $15 for power vision and I have all their TV channels including live... Don't know how I got that... I am on fair and flex also.
    20229 applied last night and signal at home -- which was terrible on the last PRL has improved a lot. The true test will be at the office, where I had been getting 103 or so and dropped signals left and right after applying the MR
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    20229 applied last night and signal at home -- which was terrible on the last PRL has improved a lot. The true test will be at the office, where I had been getting 103 or so and dropped signals left and right after applying the MR
    Keep us updated. Mine is better than before as I have already posted but I have had a couple of sparatic drops as time rolled on but all in all it is still better than 20227 IMHO.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I must be missing something, but as I understand what the PRL is, it would have no effect whatsoever on your ability to get (or maintain) a Sprint network signal. All it does is assist you (or make it more difficult) for you to roam onto other networks. If someone knows for certain that it could affect dropped calls on the Sprint network, it would be nice to know that....but I don't think it does. The Sprint network has been having all kinds of problems (just look at the threads about slow web access) and I don't think these issues have anything at all to do with the PRL update.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I must be missing something, but as I understand what the PRL is, it would have no effect whatsoever on your ability to get (or maintain) a Sprint network signal. All it does is assist you (or make it more difficult) for you to roam onto other networks. If someone knows for certain that it could affect dropped calls on the Sprint network, it would be nice to know that....but I don't think it does. The Sprint network has been having all kinds of problems (just look at the threads about slow web access) and I don't think these issues have anything at all to do with the PRL update.
    I don't think is does either but for some odd reason performance has been an issue from one to another as can be seen by member feedback. I do agree with Sprint having issues lately but my wifes A900 replacement with 20225 has resulted in me using her phone for voie calls since it works a lot better in the house as where before when I updated her prior A900 to 20227 she started having network issues and yelled at me asking me what I did to her phone and never to touch it again...coincidence alongside Sprints current network problems, may be?...but we all are looking for any input as to why.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I don't get it either, but the latest PRLs seemed to have affected general usage, not just roaming.

Update on my office situation: RSSI signal seems to hold *slightly* better -- around 101/100
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Seems to me you can't really compare two different brands/models of phones unless they're the same phone (and even then, since I think there are hardware differences, I'm not even sure two 700P's are that similar). I know that over the past month or so, I've started dropping calls. Yesterday I dropped one with about 4 bars on my phone...and I just don't think the PRL has anything to do with it. What does have to do with it is the crappy Sprint network. I don't know what they've been doing, but it has changed, and I just don't think it's due to the PRL revision.
  14.    #54  
    Seems to me you can't really compare two different brands/models of phones unless they're the same phone (and even then, since I think there are hardware differences, I'm not even sure two 700P's are that similar). I know that over the past month or so, I've started dropping calls. Yesterday I dropped one with about 4 bars on my phone...and I just don't think the PRL has anything to do with it. What does have to do with it is the crappy Sprint network. I don't know what they've been doing, but it has changed, and I just don't think it's due to the PRL revision.
    I wasn't comparing two different models...I was comparing two different update situations on the same phone(A900) along with my two different outcomes with updates on the same phone(700p), being my phone and my wifes.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    question: how to check what prl version is on your radio?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301 View Post
    question: how to check what prl version is on your radio?
    ##786#. scroll down page.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    I did the update Friday with no issues. I did the "email to Sprint route" mentioned in a previous post, which I've done in the past. They replied in about 11 hours telling me my phone had been flagged for the update. I've used this method before and beats holding for a CSR.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I did the update Friday with no issues. I did the "email to Sprint route" mentioned in a previous post, which I've done in the past. They replied in about 11 hours telling me my phone had been flagged for the update. I've used this method before and beats holding for a CSR.
    11 hours beats holding for CSR?...
    at&t iPhone3G
    11 hours beats holding for CSR?...
    On other occaisons, it took only about 4-5 hours.

BTW: I have resolved my two most recent CS issues (billing, etc) via email. You have a trail of your conversation and beats holding for CSRs.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503 View Post
    ##786#. scroll down page.
    uhh, PRL version 60610

good or bad
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast