1.    #1  
    I've been having mucho problems getting Word docs to sync properly with WordSmith 1.12. Messages in my log file will indicate a corrupt Word install, although the sync failure only occurs randomly and intermitently. I'll also get messages during the sync indicating "The Server" is busy with options to Switch or Retry. Trying Switch or Retry doesn't solve the problem. Interestingly enough, saving the document as an rtf solves the problem, but I'm not about to start trying to keep track of which docs I port as .doc files and which as .rtf's.

I've gone through the WordSmith FAQ and at this point (one of the recommendations) don't want to go through a complete deinstall and reinstall of MS Office to try and solve the problem. Nor do I think the problem is Word's as it will sometimes work and sometimes not. If the COM files got hosed, I would think it would flat out not work at all, which isn't the case. Same feeling on my normal.dot file.

I'm curious if anyone has seen this problem and what they may have done to solve it. Any help would be appreciated. Muchos gracious.

Also, does anyone know if the WordSmith people take phone calls for support? I sent 'em an email last night but haven't heard back yet.
    I haven't had any of the problems you mentioned. I eamiled WordSmith support once and got a response in less than 24 hours. I would try deleting WordSmith, doing a soft reset and then re-installing it. That process seems to work on most of the programs I have trouble with.
    Richard Grogan
    Email: <A HREF="mailto:rgrogan@azstarnet.com?subject=VisorCentral">rgrogan@azstarnet.com</A>
    Homepage: <A HREF="http://www.azstarnet.com/~rgrogan/official.htm">http://www.azstarnet.com/~rgrogan/official.htm</A>
    I went through a terrible process when some similar syncing problems happened with wordsmith for me. Unfortunately what ended up working was a hard reset. But if I were you I would go through any troubleshooting suggestions they give you. Be patient. I had frequent communication with their support and had great service. Perhaps another email wouldn't hurt though.