Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    The Treo 680 has an app that is like Filez which is called Files or PalmFiles. I can't find it in the 680 ROM dump so it may be on the CD that comes with the 680. Can someone post it here or PM me so I can try it on the 700p? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Look up the forums for the "Install CD" post entry. One guy has the complete list of installation CDs and corresponding files in a public shared drive. The Files app is in the Verizon 700p install CD.

I'll look for the PRC to install it and PM you...
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I found the file for Files

Have fun!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Let us know if it works on the 700, and if it's any more transparent to use than Filez.....
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    It DOES work on the 700p, I have had it running since day 1. Pretty nitty stuff, however every time I had to hard-reset I have to reinstall the app.

This brings me to an important and somewhat curious thing: Files does not get backed-up by Hotsync. After hard resets and hotsync, Files is always missing. Yet another reason why I chose to have a backup tool such as Resco Backup...
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Thank all. I installed the app on my Sprint 700p and it works. Same functionality as Filez with a slightly more 'Palm' look to it. Doesn't show files on phone though; just SD card or am I missing something?
    Thanks again.
    So....if it doesn't show files on the phone, how can you transfer files back and forth from the phone to the card?