1. Puk
    Are there any apps out there to make an icon/mini-app to launch a URL? So that it will appear like an icon in the launcher? I figure someone must have made this, but an (admittedly quick) google search failed. Thanks!

-puk
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Sharklinks works great, and is free.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    Sharklinks works great, and is free.

It messes up the 5-way severely on some Treos - I wish it did work properly its the only app of its kind!
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post

It messes up the 5-way severely on some Treos - I wish it did work properly its the only app of its kind!
    Really? I use it on my 680, I never noticed any issue. I thought all it was doing is launching Blazer and navigating to a URL.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    Really? I use it on my 680, I never noticed any issue. I thought all it was doing is launching Blazer and navigating to a URL.
    Yes. It affects *some* Treos. It was a problem acknowledged by the developer, and causes the 5-way to do 2 "presses" of work for every press you enter, in *every* program. There used to be a thread in the TC LudusTech forum about it, but it's disappeared, possibly due to the recent "combination of forums" that is going on in the Developers Corner.

In that thread LudusAdmin did at one point announce a further beta (NOT the one that is on the Ludus site now) that LudusAdmin would email out to interested parties and may have fixed the problem. I missed the announcement of the email offer, never saw any reply as to whether it actually worked, and LudusAdmin doesn't now respond to queries about it. Pity, but with a free program one can't complain.

If anyone else ever got that beta, and it worked, I would love to hear from you!

cheers

PS: one "workaround", if one does have this problem, is to create all the links you want, then delete Sharklinks. The links once created work without the program.
    Last edited by TRgEOff; 08/01/2007 at 01:07 AM.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Not Sure what version this is. but it works on my 700p with no problems.

Try this out. Hope it works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    I can confirm that I never saw any issues with Sharklinks and the 680 and the 755. Great Program, I like to create a seperate tab in my launcher specific to URL's created in Sharklinks
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    Not Sure what version this is. but it works on my 700p with no problems.Try this out. Hope it works.
    Thanks Demo!

It works without any 5-way problems!
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  9. Puk
    Yep -- thanks for the pointer. Works great on my 755p. I mostly use right now it to "anchor" PetitLauncher so I can launch URLs from it.

Odd that it should have a bug like that, since it really shouldn't be active in the background most of the time. Perhaps the next release will fix it for those of you experiencing the problem.

-puk
    I'd rather just use a favorites button with my 755p.
    David Smith

Me - Treo 755p
    Wifey - Treo Centro
    Initiate can also create shortcuts to url's for you. It can also create shortcuts to calls,apps,mp3s,documents, etc
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre