1.    #1  
    hello i have posted on this board before to get an answer to my question still no help so here it goes again
    as you see below all of the application that are on my treo . (no butler and no lex spell)
    i am getting soft resets. atleast 2-3 times a day
    it started with ring care . when i downloaded it . I did delete did a clean install and went 9 days without it on my treo and i did not get the soft resets.
    i downloaded reset dr and crash pro both are telling me "soft reset user initiated" this is not the case .
    i have downloaded palm internal and i dont know what im looking at .
    the soft reset dont happane at the same time. its not when im on a call getting off a call, or anything like that . i have turned off versa mail and still no luck .I thought the auto sync was causing it.
    hit jeff at gotreosoftware and he has tried to help but im not sure if we have narrowed it down.
    could it be something else on my treo that is causing this and not ring care ? i love the program .
    anybody willing to try i will give then the file from my treo from palm internal.
    what should i be loking at to find the application that is causing the reset.???
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    I used to occasionally get resets after backupman ran. It might not be instant, but it would occur usually within the hour after it ran. I switched to NVBackup and have it do a reset on purpose after the backup and I have not had a non-scheduled reset in three weeks. I have around 40 apps installed. I don't have any ringer programs, dialing programs or third party launchers.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I used to occasionally get resets after backupman ran. It might not be instant, but it would occur usually within the hour after it ran. I switched to NVBackup and have it do a reset on purpose after the backup and I have not had a non-scheduled reset in three weeks. I have around 40 apps installed. I don't have any ringer programs, dialing programs or third party launchers.
    backup man run at 3:00am thats all . it doesnt run any other time
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
  4.    #4  
    any help?
  5.    #5  
    im still here with the same problem . I have put ring care back on my treo and the problems have started again
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    RingCare has been a cause of Treo resets I know you like it but I know for a fact that it does cause problems. You may want to try mRing.

What you can do is used this program that I attached what it is a Stablity Test for the Treo what I would do is remove all the programs and then load this one then install each program one at a time and run the test after installing each one. It will let you know which programs are causing instability on the Treo.

Hope that helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowX View Post
    RingCare has been a cause of Treo resets I know you like it but I know for a fact that it does cause problems. You may want to try mRing.

What you can do is used this program that I attached what it is a Stablity Test for the Treo what I would do is remove all the programs and then load this one then install each program one at a time and run the test after installing each one. It will let you know which programs are causing instability on the Treo.

Hope that helps.
    thank you thank you . Im going to try it and see. I have been working with the developer . he seems to feel that something else is causing the reset and it is being blamed on ringcare. I dont know much about this stuff but i do know that once it(ringcare) is on my treo it causes resets .
    my back up man only runs at 3:17am .
    i only have 2 email accounts that is doing auto sync.
    the reset are random .
    reset dr says its user did soft reset.
    I like this program cause i can make my own ring tones . is there something else out there that will do the same that wont cause resets?

I have downloaded palm internal . i dont know how to read it .
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Try mRing I think it works just as well as RingCare
  9.    #9  
    ok i did what you said and i add the program and add each application one at a time it passed . i didnt add ring care yet.
    does this thing really work?
    where did you get this program from?
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 08/09/2007 at 09:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I heard about it one of Treo forums and they all said how it helped determine which programs were causing the problem. My sincere guess is that RingCare is causing the problem, because you said it yourself that you have problems when you install RingCare right?

Here the Description of the program from the OP.

This is a crash test dummy for your Palm handheld.

With the amount of applications and hacks for Palm OS growing steadily, lots of Palm users faces frequent system crash, or system unstability problems.

StabilityTest v1.2 allows Palm users to test their device, packed with software, on stability and system crash issues. It is extremely easy to use, also for beginners. Guide through menu will navigate you through the testing session.

We recommend StabilityTest v1.2 to every Palm user to ensure their system is working properly and to avoid possible data loose.

As this software originally was developed for Palm OS software support managers, it can be also used as testing software by developers or support people.

This is a useful utility that does not try to crash the palm but simply checks a number of the PalmOS built in commands in an "advanced stress mode"

If the palm passes without crashing you simply return to your launcher. If it crashes there is probably something wrong.

I had a problem with a text input program that did not crash the palm itself, after deleting the app and ran stability test the palm functioned great.

The freeware version is fully functional, without limits, but the sponsors ad appears on every startup. On registered version advertising disappears.
  11.    #11  
    i tried the program with and with out ring care installed i got the same result. it passed.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Well im sorry I tried to help
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowX View Post
    Well im sorry I tried to help
    no problem . any help was worth the try
    any way i went with minitones i like it so far the only issue i have is when i check the tones i see one is missing. mainly the voice mail . other then that its good.
    If all of your resets are said to be user-initiated... the only way for that to happen without a specific program to do it (you don't have one of those, do you?) is for your battery to be lose, flaky, or not consistently making connection. I'd shake your Treo around a bunch with the screen on and see if you can make it reset that way.

Tom
  15.    #15  
    [QUOTE=VetPsychWars;1328419]If all of your resets are said to be user-initiated... the only way for that to happen without a specific program to do it (you don't have one of those, do you?) is for your battery to be lose, flaky, or not consistently making connection. I'd shake your Treo around a bunch with the screen on and see if you can make it reset that way.
    Tom[/QUOT\
    my treo has a good battery connection . the treo will be on the table and jusy reset. the developer or ringcare thinks that one application wants to take over and the fight is causing the reset.
    the only program that can do that on my treo is zlauncher and that button has never been set .