1.    #1  
    So this is a very simple user issue but I really want this feature...does the 755p allow you to select a ringtone for individual callers? I'm debating buying the 755p and no one can tell me if you can have individual caller ID by ring type. I know the 700 has known and unknow callers but I want more.

Thanks.
    Through your contacts, you have a choice to choose a different ringer for that caller, so your answer is YES
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    So Rev, this is an update from the 650 and 700? One would not need ringopro or Ringcare?
    The 700 also allows this. You can set ringtones by category or by individual caller. The individual ringtone is in the contact itself as noted previously.
    Not to beat a year old dead horse, but here is another change from Palm I wasn't expecting and don't like.

Now, I guess logically setting a ringer for someone in the contact list for new Palm users is the "right thing to do". But on my 650 I had a custom ringtone for each listing in my "favorites" buttons, which meant that if my wife called from Home or from Cell, I knew just by the ringtone. Now she only has the one ringtone set in the contacts and I can't set a ringtone based on the number she's calling from.

Just another small change coming from a 650, like the removal of the LED flashing behavior, that I'm disappointed with.

So anyway, the point is that those coming from a 650 should look in the contacts entries as opposed to your favorites buttons.

~Mike
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Well, what I do for my husband is have his entire name in my Contacts for his cell phone # and choose a ringer for that. Then I made an entry in Contacts that is under the name "Home" with our home # and choose a different ringer for that.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Well, what I do for my husband is have his entire name in my Contacts for his cell phone # and choose a ringer for that. Then I made an entry in Contacts that is under the name "Home" with our home # and choose a different ringer for that.
    Yeah my wife prefers that method as well. For some reason I just don't like that solution. I guess if for some reason I don't use my short cut, I start typing the name and select whichever I need to call. Plus I sync against Outlook on my work machine and Address Book on my Mac so I don't want to get too crazy.

I guess I'm just too nitpicky about this kind of stuff, but maybe... I'll force myself to try that... but just for "Home".

Thanks!
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum