1.    #1  
    So, I'm in the minority that stands to lose more than gain by installing the MR. Besides a highly annoying lag of 10-30 seconds when going into Blazer and the much less annoying skips in Ptunes, my Treo 700P experience has not been too terrible. The fact is, installing the MR will almost surely introduce those random, phantom dial tone beeps, and could potentially break bluetooth functionality that is working flawlessly in my car. The risk of losing the latter scares me enough to put up with the blazer delays (how ironic that they call it blazer).

That said, I would love to be able to roam onto Verizon's EV-DO network and it appears that only PRL 20227 (or higher?) will allow one to do so. I currently have 20225 and it only allows 1xrtt data roaming. I've gotten Sprint to "flag my account for a PRL update" but when I call in and it runs, a check shows that I'm still at 20225.

Has anyone had success updating to PRL 20227 WITHOUT installing the MR?

TIA
    Palm Personal => V => Vx (w/OmniSky) => m505 => Treo 300 => 600 => 650 (free of charge) => 700P (free of charge again!)
    I'm thinking I had it several weeks (month?) before the MR update.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    I never updated and I've had 20227 for some time.
    i had 227 until i did my MR today and requested the latest... now i have 20229
  5.    #5  
    Excellent! Thanks for the info everyone.
    Palm Personal => V => Vx (w/OmniSky) => m505 => Treo 300 => 600 => 650 (free of charge) => 700P (free of charge again!)
    20227 here doesn't get me EvDO access on Verizon's network
    and I suspect it is causing me to drop calls in places I didn't with 20225-6

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    i have 20229 , updated it yesterday by calling SPRINT , no MR is installed
    FYI, my phone worked well with 20226; since 20227 and 20229 were installed the signal fades about 50% of the time during a call causing break-up and call drops.

None of my other Sprint phones have this problem and my service area has a very strong signal.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    FYI, my phone worked well with 20226; since 20227 and 20229 were installed the signal fades about 50% of the time during a call causing break-up and call drops.

None of my other Sprint phones have this problem and my service area has a very strong signal.
    Funny because for it was the opposite... 20226 was the worst for me and 20227 was better Sprint needs to give everybody replacements for their 700p's
    I am working on mine if they are unable to resolve the dropped signal issues.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    20225 was the best for me and my wife...Muff says you can go back in time though? I am checking into this.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I am working on mine if they are unable to resolve the dropped signal issues.
    I went into a store today to try and get a 755 and the store manager told me to screw off and kicked me out of the store I am going to make damn sure he looses his job Especially since a relative of mine who had the same problems got a 755 for free yesterday
    For what is worth... I have made an obervation about the dropped signal on my phone. Is curious that when I use a BT headset I never experience this issue, only when talking on the phone itself. Could the BT radio be in part a culprit here? Can't figure why it would.

So I am conducting an "experiment"; turned off the BT radio on my Treo two days ago and so far no recurring issues with dropped calls, perhaps a coincidence but more testing will be needed.

For what is worth... I have made an obervation about the dropped signal on my phone. Is curious that when I use a BT headset I never experience this issue, only when talking on the phone itself. Could the BT radio be in part a culprit here? Can't figure why it would.

So I am conducting an "experiment"; turned off the BT radio on my Treo two days ago and so far no recurring issues with dropped calls, perhaps a coincidence but more testing will be needed.
    That didn't work for me... when I use a BT headset, when I hang up it crashes the treo
    Can someone please tell me where I look on the phone to see which PRL I currently have?

Thank you
    Phone app> option button> right button> phone info> scroll down