1.    #1  
    According to Harv Laser's article today here, you can't view a youtube video directly in Blazer, but it will "hand off a YouTube video to [Kinoma], and let you view it, even bookmark it." (see second paragraph of the "Flash, the bane of Blazer.." heading on pg 2.)

I have Kinoma Player 4EX installed, and Blazer doesn't "hand off" the video to Kinoma. I can copy the URL from Blazer, then go to Kinoma and paste it in, and it will play, but when I go to the URL in Blazer, it displays the page without the video, and a message: "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or and old version of Macromedia's Flash Player."

Does Blazer hand off videos to Kinoma for anyone else, or does his definition of "hand off" include copying & pasting the URL?
    Last edited by TJSunDevil; 07/31/2007 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Corrected link to first page
    I have used Utube mobile and had the OEM Kinoma launch from that site while I am in blazer.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSunDevil View Post
    I have Kinoma Player 4EX installed, and Blazer doesn't "hand off" the video to Kinoma. I can copy the URL from Blazer, then go to Kinoma and paste it in, and it will play, but when I go to the URL in Blazer, it displays the page without the video, and a message: "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or and old version of Macromedia's Flash Player."
    The youtube.com site isn't mobile-savvy, so that's how it works -- it thinks you're on a PC and falls apart accordingly.

With your Treo you can open the page URL in Kinoma Player (as you've discovered), use the Kinoma Media Guide, or go to m.youtube.com (which is mobile-savvy) in Blazer.

-- Charles Wiltgen

Subscribe to Kinoma Notes: The Kinoma Blog today!
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Yeah works for me too from m.youtube.com.

I wish Kinoma had proxy support *hint *hint
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+