1.    #1  
    Has anyone noticed very slow (or even non-existent at times) data rates on Sprint in Central Florida lately? Up until a few weeks ago browsing even highly graphical web pages was reasonably fast but now it takes forever to load simple text pages (like Yahoo News). It also takes forever to download email -- it often gets stuck in the middle of a message and gives up eventually. I haven't made any changes to the configuration of my 650 lately -- no added or deleted programs -- and doing a soft reset didn't help. Are there just too many people in Central Florida using data now so Sprint's 1x network is being overtaxed? (or is Sprint secretly trying to encourage people to upgrade to EVDO-capable phones by degrading the 1x network?).
    I was in Daytona, Tampa, and Central Florida last week. The phone signal and the data connection was terrible if not horrible. I had to sit on one exercise bike to get my email,..and not move! I'm glad to be back in PA where my speed/voice quality is much better.

Hopefully it gets better down there soon.
    I'm in the Orlando area and have had more dropped calls in the last month than in the previous three years. What's Up, Sprint???
    I've been dropping calls for the first time EVER on VZW the last month. I've dropped them before - just had it go away, but now, I get a "dropped call" message on the phone. My mom also said talking to me the phone cuts in and out.

I haven't done much data, but it has seemed slower than normal when i've tried (in Orlando last week at a building next to ORMC for a doc appointment, never got a page to load!).

I'm up in NW Lake County, the 650 is being replaced (1st replacement DOA), they are sending a 700p this time, so i'm curious to see if the dropped calls go away and I get a signal back at my house (i can see the tower from my house btw).

I'm not sure now that i'm getting the 700 if I will be able to say, "it was the phone and not something verizon was going" though, although the signal wasn't much better with the DOA 650 last night. The other side is - the age of the phone and some component dying. Mine was bought new May 06.

Just wanted to pipe up and say that it isn't just Sprint 650's having issues.
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by IEFesq View Post
    I'm in the Orlando area and have had more dropped calls in the last month than in the previous three years. What's Up, Sprint???
    I haven't had many problems with dropped calls, and in terms of signal strength I get as many bars as I used to get. The problem for me is the data rate.

I beginning to think it -is- a problem with overloading on the data side of Sprint. I can pretty much forget about trying to check email or browsing a web page during the day but at night around 10 or 11 PM the situation gets much better -- with a little patience I can check email or browse a mostly-text web page.
    OK. All i have to say is - well, EVDO flies on a 700 compared to a 650.

LOL, not what you want to hear - but if you get the chance, upgrade!
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TraecyS/FL View Post
    OK. All i have to say is - well, EVDO flies on a 700 compared to a 650.

LOL, not what you want to hear - but if you get the chance, upgrade!
    Heh, heh...yeah, the conspiracy theorist in me says that's what Sprint is trying to encourage with the very slow data rates here!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckc192000 View Post
    Heh, heh...yeah, the conspiracy theorist in me says that's what Sprint is trying to encourage with the very slow data rates here!
    It's a darn good theory too. Maybe there is a book/movie in it???

LOL, seriously, that site i couldn't get loaded at the doctors office last week? 5 seconds. DONE.

I can leave pictures on and use regular sites instead of mobile versions!!!

That said, i really prefer the layout of the 650 better, and it's the first device i've evern owned i can say i can feel a difference in build quality. The 700 just doesn't feel that solid in my hand. I use a skin on the 650, and was thinking about not using one on the 700 - but i'm glad i have one showing up today, i think it will help with the buttons that bug me.

The overall ergonomics of the 650 are just better.

But EVDO - well, it makes up for it