Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm one of the few people who've tried the jawbone twice and still just don't think it's that great. Wind noise was pretty bad and really it just wasn't as good as my wired www.theboom.com I found it couldn't filter out my crying kid in the background, which with a home office is important

However this looks interesting and i'll be getting one
    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...tooth-headset/

check the video, very jawbonesque
    http://www.blueantz9.com/us_site/index.html
    As soon as someone buys one, I want the lowdown!!!
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    The Jawbone blowz. The size, comfort and wind noise really suck. The Z9 looks better than the Jawbone in every way.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Subscribe....
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Looks promising! The specs look great, especially wind noise reduction, echo cancellation, can pair with three devices and looks good. MSRP seems to be set at $99.95, but discounts are already available online. I also like the 2 year warranty.

http://www.mobileburn.com/pressrelease.jsp?Id=3559
    Last edited by azxcpt; 08/01/2007 at 01:27 PM. Reason: additional info
    Treo 650 on Sprint / Palm Case / 1 GB SanDisk Ultra II SD Card
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    It seems like I ride this roller coaster everytime a new headset comes out.

This one looks promising, but so did many others. I'll wait with cautious optimism.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    im all in.

is it avail now?
    i saw one website where it said something about the 13th of august.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I just picked up he Z9.

My impressions so far:

- It is MUCH more comfortable that my Jawbone was
    - The DSP technology was on par on even slightly better than the Jawbone
    - It has a clip on it so you can attach it to your shirt, tie or a lanyard - cool -
    - Pairs very easily.
    - Cheaper than the Jawbone (79.99 + tax)
    - I can hear allot better with the Z9, which was a problem with the Jawbone

I think this one wins between the two.
    Where/How'd you get it so quickly!? Didn't it just go on sale today?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by evperry View Post
    I just picked up he Z9.

My impressions so far:

- It has a clip on it so you can attach it to your shirt, tie or a lanyard - cool -
    - Pairs very easily.

Any feedback concerning audio quality from persons on the other end of the line?
    Does the Z9 have any flashing lights or anything on it? It sounds good so far but I don't like flashing lights like a lot of Motorola headsets have.
    I just picked up he Z9.

My impressions so far:

- Pairs very easily.

By the way.. Which Treo are you using this with? Thanks again!
    Cant wait for it to arrive on 16th.
    I had to pay 89.99 plus 13 bucks for 3 day delivery. went to buy.com and searched blueant z9.
    lets hope its worth the price. Coming from Jawbone, I want Z9 to work great. Only thing I hate jawbone for is its size and its contact with my jaw, literally.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Gentlemen,

Id like to take this opportunity to apologize about my initial review. I tested it at home with the TV and Humidier both blasting and it really was comparable to the Jawbone.

After a day with this earpiece I would like to report back at how much this earpiece blows. Quite frankly Ive been through quite a few of these at this point in life and most of them suck. The jawbone was great unless it was windy outside. Problem is that since our little Globe is heating up it always windy outside, so I would say the jawbone is just shy of blowing.

Not one person could hear me. I really mean not one person. Sometimes the people yoiu talk to are deaf but this just wasnt the case, no one could hear me.

My new motto is gonna be that if the commercial is a lawnmower, blender, airplane and explosion all going at the same time while someone is talking on their DSP earpiece then I now know it sucks.

I just ordered another jawbone since my first one died after 2 months of use.

-e

p.s. i live in NYC, very easy to find. im sure the local crackheads had them last week.
    Gentlemen,

Id like to take this opportunity to apologize about my initial review. I tested it at home with the TV and Humidier both blasting and it really was comparable to the Jawbone.

After a day with this earpiece I would like to report back at how much this earpiece blows. Quite frankly Ive been through quite a few of these at this point in life and most of them suck. The jawbone was great unless it was windy outside. Problem is that since our little Globe is heating up it always windy outside, so I would say the jawbone is just shy of blowing.

Not one person could hear me. I really mean not one person. Sometimes the people yoiu talk to are deaf but this just wasnt the case, no one could hear me.

My new motto is gonna be that if the commercial is a lawnmower, blender, airplane and explosion all going at the same time while someone is talking on their DSP earpiece then I now know it sucks.

I just ordered another jawbone since my first one died after 2 months of use.

-e

p.s. i live in NYC, very easy to find. im sure the local crackheads had them last week.
    Not sure if you meant to go against your earlier review that Z9 is better than Jawbone or it is similar to jawbone and suck outside like jawbone.
    Please clear up some of your points please.
    To me if Z9 is just like jawbone inside where its less windy, then that is perfect for me. I just want jawbone in Z9 package.
    I can understand why this type of headsets suck outside in windy environment.
    I am waiting for 16th for it to arrive. I will be giving my reaction here as well.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    looky looky, treocentral shop has it for pre-order. Its pricier than other online or local retailers but .....

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    NO....

What im saying is that the Z9 doesnt work at all. No one can hear me. In my car with the radio off, windows up, ac on low or off, EVERYONE complains about not being able to hear me. Never had this problem with the Jawbone.

Personally I cant understand why they suck in the wind. A $100+ headset should work in Yankee Stadium during the World Series on a windy day. Im sure the technology exists somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Not sure if you meant to go against your earlier review that Z9 is better than Jawbone or it is similar to jawbone and suck outside like jawbone.
    Please clear up some of your points please.
    To me if Z9 is just like jawbone inside where its less windy, then that is perfect for me. I just want jawbone in Z9 package.
    I can understand why this type of headsets suck outside in windy environment.
    I am waiting for 16th for it to arrive. I will be giving my reaction here as well.
    Personally I cant understand why they suck in the wind. A $100+ headset should work in Yankee Stadium during the World Series on a windy day. Im sure the technology exists somewhere.
    The technology does exist...take a look at the Boom. But the problem is, in order to get a really good signal to noise ratio you need a microphone placed closer to your mouth...and protected from external noises...and wind. This way it can be designed to differentiate between external noise and your voice...doesn't even require any fancy electronics. Unfortunately, UmeVoice doesn't make a BT version.

In the meantime, the best compromise I've found is the the Samsung WEP200. It has the same noise problems as any other headset (no noise canceling) but the sound clarity is very good (no artificial sounding voice and no dsp buzz) and the BT range is fantastic.

http://www.theboom.com/technology.html

http://www.theboom.com/image/tech_image.gif
    Last edited by Disaster; 08/15/2007 at 08:03 AM.
    NO....

What im saying is that the Z9 doesnt work at all. No one can hear me. In my car with the radio off, windows up, ac on low or off, EVERYONE complains about not being able to hear me. Never had this problem with the Jawbone.

Well mine is still not here yet so I wouldnt say if its good or bad but if it is this bad then.... Damn cnet http://reviews.cnet.com/bluetooth-he...-32559219.html for selling me this with their review and damn blueant for putting that video up on their site http://www.blueantz9.com/us_site/index.html.

It is really amazing when you research bluetooth headsets, or any audio device for that matter. If you read the reviews and forums about a particular headset, all of them have opinions ranging from "it blows" to "best ever."

After my old Sony going bad, I was in the market for another bluetooth. After a bunch of reading, I chose..... Jawbone.

In general, the the majority of the reviews/comments were positive and some really glowing. A few people complained about the fit, which you have for any headset. The biggest overall complaint was that the sound would cut out when a sudden noise came up. But, that is just the way dsp works. The other complaint about the Jawbone is the wind noise. But, from what I read, no headset is good for wind noise. One really positive, was that almost everyone with a 700P said it held the connection better than any other headset they tried.

Obviously, the Z9 is new and hasn't been tested much. So, it could be a Jawbone killer. I also looked at the JX10, Sony 610a, LG's. Motorola has some good ones, but they have a weird earclip that doesn't fit my ear.

So, I take individual reviews of headsets with a grain of salt. You really have to read a lot and get the general, overall impressions of many users.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast