1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 650 (GSM ROW) that has become completely unreliable since I upgraded the rom at the last release, I have tried all sorts of different roms available on this site and downloaded different ones from different palm sites world wide, and I'm now wondering if I could flash the phone back to pre 01.71 and just upgrade the software to 1.20? Does anyone remember what it was before 01.71 and would anyone have an image that I could use to try this?

Secondly do you know if you take the phone apart is there a way to identify which hardware version the phone is? In a fit of "rage" or was that stupidity I deleted all the tokens using the rom tool.

The most recent rom I tried was jamesgangut's CNGtoENA and that makes the phone way more unstable even crashing when I paired the bluetooth? and wasn't making a call?

Any thoughts welcome.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    1. Yes. You can flash any firmware separately from software. For example: SW 1.20-ENA/FW 1.51. Here is the firmware 1.51-CNG if you want to give it a shot. DOWNLOAD HERE.
    2. Yes, I can tell you what hardware version is by looking at your parts. There are 2 hardware versions A and B only, and it doesn't matter if you put A or B, or Z if you prefer to.
    Treo Maniac?
  3.    #3  
    Hey Treoluv thanks for this, Ive actually got two 650s the one described, and one that has been rock solid since the day I bought it. What I'd like to do, is get a good rom together on the dodgy treo and get it working and use this for the basis of a good working set up for the "good" treo.

I actually flashed the dodgy one with a rom you recently posted for someone else.
  4.    #4  
    2. Yes, I can tell you what hardware version is by looking at your parts. There are 2 hardware versions A and B only, and it doesn't matter if you put A or B, or Z if you prefer to.[/QUOTE]

So why did CNG have all those diff firmwares???
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Hardware versions A or B is different from firmware (FW: which means closed to radio firmware.) I can say palm do a little improvements on Treo 650 Hardware version B e.g headphones fix, and better shield on the back of LCD.

The latest FW of Cingular is 1.51 and 1.71 for the rest of the world (ROW)

If you have problems with one of two, which are flashed an identical ROM; then I think it should be hardware issues.
    Last edited by treoluv; 07/31/2007 at 05:29 AM.
    Treo Maniac?