Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    all of a sudden i have a tremendous typing lag. i just installed the palm updater for vista but i can't see where that would make any difference.
    morris stalk
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    i have the same issue, but no vista update.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I noticed this behavior off and on and "think" I have tracked it down to whether I set the network date and time to automatically set or manually set.

I usually have my settings to automatically set date and time from the network, and most of the time that works great. However, when I begin to notice this lag behavior, I reset that option to manally set the date and time and everything miraculously clears up. Eventually, I have to go back and set it for automatic or I slowly lose time.

I have the same routine most days (work/home) so don't know why it seems I can go days without any problems with the auto setting and then all of a sudden it's back, even if I haven't moved far enough to be "out of range" of anything. Changing that setting does clear it up every time it happens.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    yeah changing it to not do auto cleared up the issue. how funky. Palm: fix this in the unlocked/ unbranded ROM update!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i have always had mine set to manual so i just tried it to automatic and it did not make any difference. i switched it back to manual and nothing changed. like i previously mentioned this started on the vista update. i wonder if a hard reset will solve the problem?
    morris stalk
    It's sporadic behavior. I've always had mine on auto and rarely had the prob. But, when I have it. Ouch! It's a teeth grinder. But it is only rarely.
    Patrick Horne
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i hope mine is temporary also, it work's fine in emails and im but not in calendar. i might give it a couple of more days and then hard reset it.
    morris stalk
    I have the same exact problem. Unlocked Treo 680 and a super lag time when entering text in calendar. I just tried to take it off auto set date but that did not work. It does just fine in every other text entry application except calendar
    + 1 another one
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    have any of you who are having the typing lag only in calendar ever tried a hard reset to fix the problem? i have done many soft and warm resets to no avail.
    morris stalk
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    so, this is only happening in calendar for you? Weird. Have you tried dbscan (a free software) to check to see if there is something corrupted? I have found this software to be a great tool at times when weird things are going on.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    unfortunately dbscan did not work for the typing lag but it fixed a few things in my calendar. thanks for the effort maris and the good recommendation of dbscan.
    morris stalk
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    running low on ideas ... but by chance .... do you use some shortcuts as you enter into your calendar? could there be some issue there?
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i don't use any shortcuts. it happened immediately after i installed the new palm vista update but i do not know why that should cause the problem. i even uninstalled and re-installed the update but that did not make any difference. i imagine i will have to live with it or maybe do a hard reset assuming that wil solve the problem. i see by the posts a few other people have the typing lag in the calendar only. my unlocked t680 was rock solid up to that point.
    morris stalk
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    a hard reset solved the problem.
    morris stalk