Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I have a been running Chatter 3.08 and occasionally I will recieve and e-mail with an attachement I cannot even see. I end up finding out about the attachment either because it is referred to the the actual e-mail or the sender later tells me.

This problem is not specific to the type of attachment. I happens with all. I eventually have to go to Versamail and download the e-mail to see and open the attachment.

This is way too much to do. Anyone know why this may be happening. I have configured Chatter @ seperate times to save e-mails & attachments on the device and then sd card. The problem still persist.

I thought Chatter was supposed to be the "Be All and End All" of e-mail clients.

Any helpful solutions would be appreciated. Please do not respond by telling me of another e-mail client. I have tried them all.

Thanks in advance.

Robert
    I hate it when people reply to a post like this with "It works for me". Well it works for me. I regularly get emails with attachments and haven't missed one yet. I'm only using IMAP and have not used Chatter with a POP server if that matters. Attachments always show up at the top of the email. (By the way I think Chatter's handling of attachments is kludgy at best. Click on the attachment, click "Load Attachment", click "Open", click the application you want to handle the attachment, click OK in the Chatter Info window, then you finally get to see the attachment.)

Are you using POP or IMAP? I seem to remember that the issue you're describing is an issue with the POP protocol. If I'm not mistaken with POP the whole email has to be loaded in order to confirm the presence of attachments. If you're using POP try the Load More... menu option. Does the attachent show up then? If you're using IMAP then I'm clueless...
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkD View Post
    I hate it when people reply to a post like this with "It works for me". Well it works for me. I regularly get emails with attachments and haven't missed one yet. I'm only using IMAP and have not used Chatter with a POP server if that matters. Attachments always show up at the top of the email. (By the way I think Chatter's handling of attachments is kludgy at best. Click on the attachment, click "Load Attachment", click "Open", click the application you want to handle the attachment, click OK in the Chatter Info window, then you finally get to see the attachment.)

Are you using POP or IMAP? I seem to remember that the issue you're describing is an issue with the POP protocol. If I'm not mistaken with POP the whole email has to be loaded in order to confirm the presence of attachments. If you're using POP try the Load More... menu option. Does the attachent show up then? If you're using IMAP then I'm clueless...
    Thank for your reply. I am using a POP address. The interesting thing is when I get the e-mails the first thing I look for is the "Load More" button but there is no more of the message to load. I even go to the Load Attachment menu and I get "There is No Attachement."

That particular error message particularly bugs me because I know there is an attachement with the e-mail I am looking at.