Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Puk
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    But:
    1) If you have more than 26 programs/phone-numbers, what do you do?
    2) And how do you remember what letter starts which program/phone-number?
    (Perhaps I have a poor memory... )
    3) And I think its a nuisance to have to set up each new program individually with it's assigned key.
    1) I have a main launcher app (playing with LauncherX at the moment) and am fine w/the Treo's phone app. I only am looking to use this for things I use a _lot_, of which there are about 10-15.
    2) I don't have any trouble. Usually it's pretty logical. M for map, R for reader, etc. When I change one, it takes me one or two tries to remember it permanently.
    3) I can see that, but I don't mind it compared to the time it saves me in the end. If I have to set up 10-15 apps, that's about 5-10 minutes of my life in total, and only has to be done once.

-puk
  2. Puk
    Quote Originally Posted by Puk View Post
    Each in turn:
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    petitlaunch (on a 650) does exactly what you itemized in your post.

that app gets nowhere near the credit it deserves. free to boot.
    See above -- I really liked it when I checked it out. However, as far as I can tell, it doesn't have the ability to launch an app based on a hard button press after the trigger (like date book, date book in my examples). Did I miss it?
    I apologize. I re-installed and tried it again, and it does have this feature. With that and the "Auto command execution" option set, it looks like this will do everything I need. Thanks to everyone (and especially GreenHex and sblanter). Too bad it hasn't been updated in a while, but it's still more recent than CoLauncher, and if it don't need fixing, then hey...

If anyone has more suggestions, please post them. Like I said, I'm going to use a couple of these others for things, and am always interested in new/useful palm programs.

-puk
    Quote Originally Posted by Puk View Post
    1) I have a main launcher app (playing with LauncherX at the moment) and am fine w/the Treo's phone app. I only am looking to use this for things I use a _lot_, of which there are about 10-15.
    2) I don't have any trouble. Usually it's pretty logical. M for map, R for reader, etc. When I change one, it takes me one or two tries to remember it permanently.
    3) I can see that, but I don't mind it compared to the time it saves me in the end. If I have to set up 10-15 apps, that's about 5-10 minutes of my life in total, and only has to be done once.

-puk
    For that you could use McPhling - to set a group of favorites, triggered, say, by the side key.
    I use Petitlaunch and have it set to use the centre button as the activation key (press and hold). The only thing that annoys me about it is that I can no longer use the centre button to access my 'Alerts', in fact the asterisk in the corner of the screen will also open Petitlaunch aswell! Shame there is no option to use the side-button, or the ability to add the 'Alerts' as a program.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Shame there is no option to use the side-button, or the ability to add the 'Alerts' as a program.
    But you can. When you press "New" in "Command" window, you will see a popup at the top. Select "System" and ".Show Alerts"

But activating PetitLaunch via the Side Key would be cool.
  6. Puk
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    But you can. When you press "New" in "Command" window, you will see a popup at the top. Select "System" and ".Show Alerts"

But activating PetitLaunch via the Side Key would be cool.
    That's really cool! I missed that.

The ability to do URLs and Contacts would be nice in there, too, but the app seems to be out of development.

(I'm using SharkLinks to do URLs right now. Any suggestions for Contacts?)

-puk
    Mine doesn't have the ".Show Alerts" option. What version do you have?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    TypeRight is an excellent piece of software, never had problems with it. But would like to try PetitLauch too as recommended.
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Mine doesn't have the ".Show Alerts" option. What version do you have?
    v1.0 build 18 has this feature.
    v1.0 build 18 has this feature.
    Ahhh yes, found it. Unfortunately it doesn't work if the centre button is used to activate PetitLaunch.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    But there is a program out there that's only purpose is to launch the alerts screen. Search for alerts.prc.
    Here's a new app that uses the keyboard to open up apps:
    http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141564
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12