1.    #1  
    Hi ,
    Not technically a Treo Question. But could be ...

I have setup Versamail to get my gmail and works great. However, it also gets my "sent" messages as new messages and it comes in my Inbox ( on the phone only).
    Is there a setting to turn this off? I checked in the phone and couldn't find one.

Thanks,
    hhol
    I have same problem

ANY HELP???
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    •Treo650 Unlocked w/2GB SD card
    •Treo680 Unlocked (Graphite) w/8GB SD card
    gmail does this so you can keep local copies of your sent messages, just as you do with your inbox messages. no way to turn it off so far as i know, but if it's annoying you, all you need to do is create a filter that places all emails with your name in the "From" field into the Sent folder. You can do this via the Preferences menu (Menu button --> Options --> Preferences --> Filters)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by freakout View Post
    gmail does this so you can keep local copies of your sent messages, just as you do with your inbox messages. no way to turn it off so far as i know, but if it's annoying you, all you need to do is create a filter that places all emails with your name in the "From" field into the Sent folder. You can do this via the Preferences menu (Menu button --> Options --> Preferences --> Filters)
    I had tried this. However, when I do that, I stopped receiving any mails. It was like looking only at the filter and didn't bring any other emails.
    Oh. in that case.... i have no idea. And i thought I was so clever!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by freakout View Post
    Oh. in that case.... i have no idea. And i thought I was so clever!
    I am sure you still are
    I downloaded the updated JavaVM from Palm's site today and was able to run the native Gmail app; it had crashed with the earlier version of the Java app.
    There is a page on the Palm site that provides settings to assure the app will work. It's a lot faster than the web app version.

J.
    Quote Originally Posted by hhol View Post
    I had tried this. However, when I do that, I stopped receiving any mails. It was like looking only at the filter and didn't bring any other emails.

Anyone know the fix to this? I have a filter setup in versamail to send the copies of my outgoing emails to my sent box. However, the filter is the only thing it looks for now. It just looks to see if the email meets the filter's criteria. It only downloads the ones that meet the criteria.

I want versamail to download all email, and then apply the filter.
    VM doesn't operate that way. If you want different filtering capabilities, you will need to switch to a different mail app.
    Actually, I just got it to work, I think.

I made two filters. It is to move everything FROM me to the sent folder, and everything NOT FROM me to the inbox.

Working so far.
    Hi Whitenack

With Sprint dropping pcs email, this discussion's importance grows.

Could you give the exact textual form of the 2 filters you mention for others to basically copy.

I guess you are the "Clever" one, not Freakout. It is good to be presistant.

Thanks for the help. Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank View Post
    Hi Whitenack

With Sprint dropping pcs email, this discussion's importance grows.

Could you give the exact textual form of the 2 filters you mention for others to basically copy.

I guess you are the "Clever" one, not Freakout. It is good to be presistant.

Thanks for the help. Frank

I'd be happy to help.

Filter #1
    Name: Whatever you want to call it (Mine is GMail In)
    If the: TO
    Contains
    (your gmail email address)
    Then get mail and move to:
    Inbox

Filter #2
    Name: Whatever you want to call it (Mine is GMail Sent)
    If the: From
    Contains
    (your gmail email address)
    Then get mail and move to:
    Sent

This covers all of my email and I haven't had a problem since.