Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. ajpanah's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
       #1  
    for the 755p?

    thanx.
  2. #2  
    Yes there is; however, none of them provide 100% or even close to 100% recognition in all situations. Environmental conditions - wind, external noise, et cetera, all effect the result. Voice It (http://voiceit-tech.com/) and Initiate (http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/initiate-more.php) are worth looking at.

    Ben
  3. #3  
    I use Treo Voice Dialing from Palm/ VoiceSignal, and it works pretty well for me. It also has the advantage of not needing to be programmed for each name in your contact list, but that can be a slight disadvantage if you have a heavy accent or anything.
  4. #4  
    I use Palm's Voice dialing. I feel they are now a waste because everything can be accessed from favorites, etc. By the time voice software repeats back to you, etc. you could have made and ended a call. Remember the old days when you were able to record your own voice for contacts....granted it was limited, but it at least was better at recognizing your voice.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    By the time voice software repeats back to you, etc. you could have made and ended a call.
    I used to feel this way....until I looked up and was almost in the back of the car stopped in front of me. I use a program called 'Voice Dial"

    http://software.palm.com/us/html/dis...id=prod1971287

    I don't use it much, but when I'm driving I look at it as a real lifesaver.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  6. #6  
    I just wish these programs could run through bluetooth. Its a pain to have to do voice dial through palms junk speaker.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I use Treo Voice Dialing from Palm/ VoiceSignal, and it works pretty well for me. It also has the advantage of not needing to be programmed for each name in your contact list, but that can be a slight disadvantage if you have a heavy accent or anything.
    Actually I've found that this program works fairly well even when I hand the phone to friends with heavy foreign accents. And it's great to be able to dial ANY contact, not just ones for whom you've already recorded a voice command. And you can launch programs with it. Recommended.
  8. 1PTUser's Avatar
    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo View Post
    Actually I've found that this program works fairly well even when I hand the phone to friends with heavy foreign accents. And it's great to be able to dial ANY contact, not just ones for whom you've already recorded a voice command. And you can launch programs with it. Recommended.
    I'm with you on the Palm Voice solution bobodobo.
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .

Posting Permissions