Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    for the 755p?

thanx.
    Yes there is; however, none of them provide 100% or even close to 100% recognition in all situations. Environmental conditions - wind, external noise, et cetera, all effect the result. Voice It (http://voiceit-tech.com/) and Initiate (http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/initiate-more.php) are worth looking at.

Ben
    I use Treo Voice Dialing from Palm/ VoiceSignal, and it works pretty well for me. It also has the advantage of not needing to be programmed for each name in your contact list, but that can be a slight disadvantage if you have a heavy accent or anything.
    I use Palm's Voice dialing. I feel they are now a waste because everything can be accessed from favorites, etc. By the time voice software repeats back to you, etc. you could have made and ended a call. Remember the old days when you were able to record your own voice for contacts....granted it was limited, but it at least was better at recognizing your voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    By the time voice software repeats back to you, etc. you could have made and ended a call.
    I used to feel this way....until I looked up and was almost in the back of the car stopped in front of me. I use a program called 'Voice Dial"

http://software.palm.com/us/html/dis...id=prod1971287

I don't use it much, but when I'm driving I look at it as a real lifesaver.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I just wish these programs could run through bluetooth. Its a pain to have to do voice dial through palms junk speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I use Treo Voice Dialing from Palm/ VoiceSignal, and it works pretty well for me. It also has the advantage of not needing to be programmed for each name in your contact list, but that can be a slight disadvantage if you have a heavy accent or anything.
    Actually I've found that this program works fairly well even when I hand the phone to friends with heavy foreign accents. And it's great to be able to dial ANY contact, not just ones for whom you've already recorded a voice command. And you can launch programs with it. Recommended.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo View Post
    Actually I've found that this program works fairly well even when I hand the phone to friends with heavy foreign accents. And it's great to be able to dial ANY contact, not just ones for whom you've already recorded a voice command. And you can launch programs with it. Recommended.
    I'm with you on the Palm Voice solution bobodobo.
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .