1.    #1  
    Complete and utter disaster. Had some recent pictures on there I had not backed up and I really, really liked and needed (newborn). Entire unit is fried. I am going to do a new hard reset and restore but so much is lost I am beyond annoyed. Have had some real problems in the last few weeks (random resets, Goodlink fatal crashes, etc.) that are unexplained. Nothing has changed.

Wish I had never gotten rid of my 650. It was a better phone. For that matter I wish I had kept the Samsung I330 and never gotten the Treo 600 in the first place.
    ouch...

sorry about your loss. I use backup budy vfs, i have it set to back up onto my sd card every mornin at 3am.

-Grant
    Old Nokia - Nokia 3390 Sidekick 1 (black and white) - Sidekick Color - Treo 600 - Sidekick 2 - Blackberry 7100t - Treo 650 and razr black (best combo EVER) Iphone 8gb - Iphone 3G 16gb - BlackBerry Bold
  3.    #3  
    I use backup buddy but do it every week. Am on hold with Sprint now, 29 minutes and counting. I am so pissed.
  4.    #4  
    So after talking to nice rep at Sprint who seemed very sympathetic, she said she would connect me to someone to send me a replacement phone. Not that it is compensation for what I lost, but might convince me to say (if it's a 755p maybe). And then she put me in the main queue. So basically the last 45 minutes wasted. Do they pay these people 42 cents an hour?
    How could you lose your phone app? It's part of the ROM.
  6.    #6  
    There's an icon that says Phone but when I push it nothing happens -- just resets the app launcher.
    Are you storing your pics on the SD card or in the Treo's memory? Did you lose anything on the SD card?

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  8.    #8  
    OVER A ****ING HOUR ON HOLD and I end up talking to some dip**** in India who doesn't speak English. She asked me 4 times to spell my name, which is all of 4 letters. I then told her "Bob" and she asked me how to spell it. I'm not kidding.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com View Post
    Are you storing your pics on the SD card or in the Treo's memory? Did you lose anything on the SD card?
    Both, but apparently these were on the phone because they're gone. I recovered most of it through picturemail, luckily, which I recently signed up for to send pictures to my mother (though it didn't work on her end). Still some important stuff lost. I can't believe how bad the customer service on the Sprint/Palm end has been at helping me. Basically endless loops and India. I realize it is SOP but damn it is frustrating. I'm done with Sprint, that's for sure. Just need to decide between Verizon and AT&T (I-Phone). And yeah I know Verizon customer service sucks too. But I hate Sprint with an absolute passion now.
    Last edited by masonuc; 07/27/2007 at 05:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc View Post

Wish I had never gotten rid of my 650. It was a better phone. For that matter I wish I had kept the Samsung I330 and never gotten the Treo 600 in the first place.
    I feel your pain. I gave my wife my 650 when I got the 700, and I'm tempted to take it back.
    When having problems with Sprint, it's always best to call Sprint Executive Services at 703-433-4401 (9a-6p M-F). Your call will be answered right away and if you explain your problems including the amount of time you've been kicked around, they will take care of it.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    OVER A ****ING HOUR ON HOLD and I end up talking to some dip**** in India who doesn't speak English. She asked me 4 times to spell my name, which is all of 4 letters. I then told her "Bob" and she asked me how to spell it. I'm not kidding.
    LMAO
    at&t iPhone3G
    vzw customer service is pretty good actually
    Please give them a break, Bob can be brutal even for local High School graduates.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo