Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    What was wrong with the old version? It seemed fine on my 650, 700 and 755. What would I gain by upgrading. Does anyone know what changed?
    Even with the new Java, I can't get past the network setup on my 680 for Opera Mini 4 beta. I've set the prefs, too. I guess I still have to wait for a newer beta release.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    What was wrong with the old version? It seemed fine on my 650, 700 and 755. What would I gain by upgrading. Does anyone know what changed?
    Can someone from Palm provide a changelog for this version? Whats new/fixed here?

I am trying to find an email for palm tech support, if anyone knows one can you post it here?

EDIT: just did that from their web support.

Edit: see post below for changelog.
    Last edited by kunjan; 07/28/2007 at 10:34 PM.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Changelog is in the Downloaded archive in the ReleaseNotes.txt file:

Interesting snips below:

- IBM added NetLibSocketConnect time out.
    - IBM now handles overriding Displayable.getTitle.
    - Fixed alt key producing '?' on Treo 680 and 700.
    - Fixed virtual keys, home, etc., now quit Java app.
    +
    - Fixed CustomItem.keyReleased and keyRepeated.

==================================================================
    3. KNOWN ISSUES
    General
    - QVGA mode is always in high resolution

Compatibility
    - For ARM PRCs, the default Palm OS Garnet 5.4 PDK for Motorola MXL is not supported unless the heap size is changed from 256kB to at least 2MB.
    - For Palm OS Simulator, the heap size size must be set to at least 2MB.
    - For SSL support, the latest SSL library must be obtained. Request the latest sustaining release of Palm OS Garnet 5.4 from PalmSource.
    - For SSL support, licensee must provide the certificate database

4. BUGS FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
    - None
    -----------------
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Is there any way to upgrade Java and keep Opera Mini bookmarks?

Jeff
    Awesome update. Not only you can enter all kinds of characters now with the keyboard window, but you can also copy and paste. Woohoo.....

Al
    Navigation from the top file menu now works!!!! Wow this is really nice..!!

Al
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Are any of the successful Opera users also T-Mobile customer?. During my brief experiment with BlackBerry, that definitely seemed to be an problem for a significant number of people.
    Greetings,

Doi I get any better performance, features with gmail when using this new Java?

Does this fix the problem that the latest java version of gmail did not seem to work on my phone and I had to go to an old version of gmail?
    For those of you who are reporting opera mini to be working well with this new version of java, are you using opera 3 or 4 beta?
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack View Post
    For those of you who are reporting opera mini to be working well with this new version of java, are you using opera 3 or 4 beta?
    Opera 4 Beta still crashes. Although I preceive it to be a bit less. But then i havent used the beta that much before.

Java apps on the whole seem to be a bit snappier though.
    -----------------
    I have a treo 680 AND T-mobile and would love to answer about that and using OM 4 Beta but I can't get the *&$#@*& zip file from Palm's site to download Anyone else having this problem? Also could anyone possibly take pity and send me the relevant files that are needed for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaws197 View Post
    I have a treo 680 AND T-mobile and would love to answer about that and using OM 4 Beta but I can't get the *&$#@*& zip file from Palm's site to download Anyone else having this problem? Also could anyone possibly take pity and send me the relevant files that are needed for this?
    This is the direct link to the archive:

http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.palmone.com/JVM.zip
    -----------------
    I did have to reinstall the "j9secpol.prc" file for HrlyXCast to get it to stop asking for permission to access data from the internet.
    I did not have to reinstall "j9secpol.prc." I hoped this would have been fixed in the update (i.e. an option).
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    What is the Java VM good for on my Treo?
    Ahh. Someone else who's just as in-the-dark as myself.

Pleased to meet you.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaws197 View Post
    Yes. I had this problem also. It took me three days of trying to download the zip file. It would download about two-thirds and then stop. I switched to another computer tonight and it finally worked. I'll email you the files if you PM me with your email address.
    What are the settings that I should set java to?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    In the info about this update it does not show the 755p. Has anyone ran this on one yet?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aabshire View Post
    In the info about this update it does not show the 755p. Has anyone ran this on one yet?

Thanks
    I e-mailed Jennifer Chappell, the author of TreoCentral's write-up about the update. She said, "Palm's support site didn't mention the 755p but Palm Infocenter's article regarding the update says that it's supported also."
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Thanks west3man!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast