1.    #1  
    Yesterday I got my first chance to really have a go with the iphone. instantly, I was extremely impressed with the build quality and ui... AMAZING!

It is very easy to see why some people would claim that the iphone is "the best" or a "treo killer" etc etc. The truth is that the iphone is badass, a work of art in so many ways.
    So after about 2 hrs of really exploring and having a good time, I came to the conclusion that as flashy and sexy as the iphone is, there still is no chance that I would currently replace my 755p with the iphone.

Glitz, flash and glamour aside, the ease and functionality of my Treo, along with the ability to customize the ui, the amazing collection of software and the overall versatility of the treo is unmatched. Sure it crashes more than the iphone does.. but that's expected, especially when apple makes all the software for it.

One last thing I did forget to mention...
    The most important part of the phone is the phone.. AT&T. In my area (NYC), They are the worst provider around. After having their service, verizons and now Sprint, AT&T has the most dropped calls and the worst call quality. On a side note, Verizon has great everything, but they are very expensive and the least caring about your happiness as a customer. Sprint is my absolute favorite. As for customer service.. they all pretty much vary. I'm sure like you all.. I mostly end up trying to ease my frustration at being more informed than most of the tech support and store reps, and how much I deserve an award for having the patience of dealing with going up the ranks of support, till you finally get someone who knows that not all problems are fixed with a soft reset.

thanks for reading.
    If you drop an iphone it will shatter because of the glass screen. I dropped my 650 8 times and it still worked perfectly
    I completely agree with you.

As attractive and smooth looking as iphone is, it is not as functional as Treo.

However, I am hoping (but cannot see a glimpse of progress) that Palm pulls its head together and come up with a new/next generation Treo that leaps in progress.

Current Treos look, feel, feature small differences with being derivatives of 600.

Palm proved that it has become like a Ford Motor Company on its Treo product, could not renew its products significantly, could not advance in the competition and has been sleeping on its success.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    It's a race IMO between Palm and Apple to make my next phone. I need the features of the Treo with the feel of the iPhone. Whoever does it first wins. As it stands the Treo is ugly but smart, and the iPhone is beautiful but a bit dumb. We'll see in time. I was smart and beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by izmir View Post
    Current Treos look, feel, feature small differences with being derivatives of 600.

Palm proved that it has become like a Ford Motor Company on its Treo product, could not renew its products significantly, could not advance in the competition and has been sleeping on its success.
    Even with as much trouble as I had recently with Palm's customer service, I do believe that the 600 was so far advanced when it came out that there was not much needed in updates besides the one's they have made with the exception of wifi and the ability to multi-task while surfing the web. I mean, Palm does offer two operating systems, palm and windows mobile. Think apple would ever offer choices like that?

By the way, I've only seen one iphone in person and couldn't believe the fingerprints on the glass. That would absolutely drive me crazy.
    Last edited by RickMG; 07/27/2007 at 10:56 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I own both. The iphone is a wonderful design and the interface is fantastic. There are several shortcomings with the iphone and hopefully they will be addressed in updates (I hope apple does not update like the treo 700p) I cannot fully replace my treo 755p with my iphone as of yet, but I have changed it to my primary cell phone. I keep my treo in my car for tom tom, and I also use it via usb modem to connect to the internet with my laptop. They are getting closer, hacks are available to teather the iphone. As soon as the iphone can do flash, and view mpegs the gap will narrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    If you drop an iphone it will shatter because of the glass screen. I dropped my 650 8 times and it still worked perfectly
    Judging by the iPhone stress test by PC Magazine, I think the 650 will lose with the same tests. I dropped my 650 numerous times and it's true that it can sure take a lickin.

http://www.pcworld.com/video/id,545-...d,0/video.html
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    There used to be something called the "Motorola Test." When Motorola representatives would do their rounds with the police departments, the military, fire departments etc., they let them perform the "Motorola Test" with the products they were demoing. At the time, Motorola's professional equipment was advertised as being able to function after a drop from a two story building, this led to a rash of firefighters dropping equipment off the roof of the firehouse.

If you wanted to know how rugged a piece of communication equipment was, you just asked the sales rep if you could perform the "Motorola Test." Drop it off a two story building, if they wouldn't let you do it, you moved on to another piece of equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom View Post
    Judging by the iPhone stress test by PC Magazine, I think the 650 will lose with the same tests. I dropped my 650 numerous times and it's true that it can sure take a lickin.

http://www.pcworld.com/video/id,545-...d,0/video.html
    I did the same screen tests on a 755 with no visible damage. It's the drops that I worry about. I have dropped (more like skipped across a parking lot) a treo tons of times and it lived then the slightest drop to the floor kill it. Its just luck of the draw. I am sure the same is true with the iHope.