1.    #1  
    I have had the Plantronics 655 for about a month now (I am using it with the Treo 755) and it worked well until yesterday. It would not answer or make calls, like it wasn't paired with the 755. It still showed in Trusted Devices, but did not connect. I then tried to turn it off, and it would not turn off. I called Plantronics this morning and they told me they have been having problems with all Treo's EXCEPT the 650. They told me to remove the battery from the Treo, leave it out, and then try to turn the headset off. It worked. When I turned it back on, it made and accepted calls with the 755. Has anyone else had this happen? The tech person at Plantronics said he thought all the newer Treo's used a different BT chip that is causing the problems. Anyone here know anything about that possibility? I'd been pretty satisfied with it up to now, but may have to start my search all over again. What a pain.
    Hey man,

I just bought the Plantronics 510 Voyager and i have been having a similar problem. I bought the 510 because it is supposedly able to synch to multiple BT devices. This was desirable to me because I have a Treo 650 that I use as my business phone, and I have an LG Muziq that I use as my home phone. 90% of the time, I have both phones on me, so I was intrigued by this BT headset that would work for both. The 510 synchs to my LG Muziq no problem, but for the Treo 650, it will synch, but only for 30 seconds or so. After that it disconnects. As with your situation, it still shows up on the trusted devices, but it isnt synched. If i hit the call control button (button on side of headset), it will synch, but again, only for about 30 seconds. I also called Plantronics, and they gave me the same story they gave you, only they didnt tell me that it was all Treos except the 650 (since that is what I have).
  3.    #3  
    I would first check Plantronics' site to see if they indicate compatibility with the 650. If they do, and you bought it from them, I'd return it. If you bought it somewhere else, I would think you'd be able to return or exchange it for another BT headset that'll work for your setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by bob7582 View Post
    ...for the Treo 650, it will synch, but only for 30 seconds or so. After that it disconnects. As with your situation, it still shows up on the trusted devices, but it isnt synched. If i hit the call control button (button on side of headset), it will synch, but again, only for about 30 seconds.
    Just curious (as I have a Treo 650 and a Plantronics 640), when calls come in, does it connect? When you initiate a call, does it connect? Because what you describe is what every bluetooth I've used with a Treo does. I think it's by design. It connects/disconnects from the Treo based on whether you're on a call or not.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Actually, I did discover that the 510 connects when I get a call, so I guess it is working properly. So far I really like this BT headset.