Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For those who want to use Hotsync 7.0.1 and Palm Desktop 4.1.4 or 4.2 I have come up with this package
    it works fine under windows vista on my pc with PD 4.2 from T|X

Use at your own risk!
    Download here
    http://users.cosmostv.by/burakou/h1.jpg

Updated December 11, 2007
    Last edited by ahsirg; 12/11/2007 at 11:50 AM. Reason: update
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    and Palm couldnt do this...WHY?
    other people tested this?
    How does it install? over already installed 4.12 or clean?
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
  3.    #3  
    You install PD 4.2 and then you download and install my package (it installs itself)
    Then the new hotsync should work, but i cant guarantee anything
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    and Palm couldnt do this...WHY?
    other people tested this?
    How does it install? over already installed 4.12 or clean?
    Recall that Palm Desktop 6.2 and HotSync 7.0 are being released as a Vista beta. There are some things that need to be fixed in the current Palm Dekstop versions for Windows XP, but those are not major fixes. Palm is trying to get support for Vista nailed down. I don't have a problem with them not releasing a beta for Windows XP users.

The new HotSync Manager window does look cool though.

Alan G
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    For those who want to use Hotsync 7.0.1 and Palm Desktop 4.1.4 or 4.2 I have come up with this package
    it works fine under windows vista on my pc with PD 4.2 from T|X

Use at your own risk!
    Download here
    http://users.cosmostv.by/burakou/h1.jpg
    Does this work with 64-bit versions of Vista? Can we still sync contacts, notes, tasks, etc. with Outlook 2007?
    Works under XP! Yeah!!
    Very cool, but I am going to sit on the sidelines since I am running XP as my desktop.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    DID NOT WORK with Vista Home Premium and my Treo 700p. The USB is not recognized and does not even show as an option under "Connections" and thus you can do nothing with it.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Vista?
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    DID NOT WORK with Vista Home Premium and my Treo 700p. The USB is not recognized and does not even show as an option under "Connections" and thus you can do nothing with it.
    Same here running Vista Ultimate x32
    Yes, 32-bit Home Premium. I tried again with the same results: after install the settings screen shows "No connection." I go to the connections tab and the only choices available are TCP/IP and Serial, no USB port to choose. I do have Windows Media Center fully enabled with a TV enabling card. Could that make a difference?
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
  12.    #12  
    It does not work on some computers. It didnt work on my dads hp nx7400 laptop, but works on my PC
    Does it work on XPpro?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    From the posts in this thread, it seems to be hit or miss with XP Pro or Vista.

Alan G
    Loaded on XP home SP2 with TX, PM pro 4.3, Docs to Go 10.001 and Backup Buddy 2.1.6 with Office 2007. No problems with WiFi, didn't try USB but the option is there, along with serial and TCP/IP... I like the new interface.

Thanks Ahsirg!!!!
    Is there a BT hotsync feature?
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Is there a BT hotsync feature?
    I can verify that BT does work... sort of, Ive run into some trouble with getting consistant performance. (either via BT or USB)

Ill post what I find as I go.

Ashrig, if one wants to how do they uninstall this?
    There is no spoon.
  18.    #18  
    Hdnhtr23, the only way to uninstall is to reinstall PD
    Been working flawlessly so far since I fiddled with the settings. Works on both USB and BT.

It is pretty quick, not as quick as I'd like but quicker than the old version for sure.
    There is no spoon.
    Nope, not a squeak on a Vista 64bit. Palm is DUMB.
    Almost every vendor supports the 64 bit. I can run anything I want except the falsh player from macromedia and the palm sync.
    Where do they farm their support to?
    One would think, working with MS as they are now, they could get MS to help them if they are dumb. Its OK, all of us need help, some all the time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast