Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm so sick of waiting for verizon to release the 755p. Should I try sprint?
    Personally, I think people who switch carriers for phones and not service are switching for the wrong reasons.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    try it and return it, if it does not meet your needs.... learn about the SERO plan first.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Personally, I think people who switch carriers for phones and not service are switching for the wrong reasons.
    I believe switching from one large, established carrier to another large, established carrier because of phone selection is one of the BEST reasons to switch. Just ask 40% of iPhone buyers.
    Last edited by Tazzo; 07/28/2007 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Typo error
    Well Ive had Sprint for 5 years...I had Verizon for 6 months...I hate Verizon and actually dropped more calls than with Sprint.

One thing I did like was Verizon reps normally knew what they were talking about when you called for questions on your bill or additional services. Now with Sprint you can call 5 times for the same thing and get 7 (hehe) different answers. MANY REPS ARE CLUELESS!!! Other than that Sprint is very good.

But try it in your area...Sign up for the SERO plan as said before...THE TREO I BELEIVE IS $199 ON SERO....
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    It is all about coverage in your area. Historically Verizon has been loads better in my area.. particularly in the really rural places. I just got a 755 from Sprint from work. So far, coverage is good, but I have not ventured far from town yet. Overall, Sprint's data is much more affordable, but if you have no coverage it is useless.
    As for switching just for the phone? It is a consideration, but there seem to be pretty comparable phones on most carriers. The exclusives don't last forever.
    IMHO Sprint offers the best monthly rates by far. If they have the phone you want, switch. Save the money for your retirement -- or the Foleo.
    If you switch for the savings I agree. Would I switch to ATT to get an Iphone? No. If it was on my network, I may be tempted to purchase it.
    I've read all over the place that Verizon is coming out with like 6 new phones in July. Yeah, I know there aren't many days in July left, but I heard the date was July 30. I'm sure it will be delayed as always, but if you can hold off until the end of August I'm sure you'll be good.

http://www.intomobile.com/2007/07/23...-the-wild.html
    I just switched from VZ to sprint for the 755. I was sick and tired for the constant delays and BS of "testing." I ran a VZ 700p and sprint 755p side by side for two weeks. I drove from pittsburgh to philadelphia and the sprint signal was as strong or stronger the VZ signal the whole way. only once for about 30 seconds was it reversed. Building penetration was better with sprint in the hospital where I work. so much for Vz claims its signal penetrates better. the money I saved on data more than pays for my penalty for leaving vz. it IS worth it to switch for phones. I could not be happier.
    I think if you look at the Sprint coverage maps, they have really caught up in the last 12-18 months in terms of coverage. I have always liked the service and never had problems with it - except in the NC mountains which is VZW - but I have roaming and Sprint now roams on VZW.

Customer Service is an issure, but there are plenty of places on the web that will give you tips and other phone numbers to call to get things done. The only reason I ever call *2 CS is to get a PRL update.

I say it is a no brainer (especially with SERO) if you have coverage.
    I switched from VWZ to Sprint last week and haven't had any regrets. I jumped ship when I went from a dumbphone+Tungsten Tx --> Treo, mostly because of the better deal for unlimited data access on Sprint SERO, but availability of the 755p was part of it.

I agree that coverage in your area is the single most important thing in choosing a carrier, but Sprint gives you 30 days to try out the service and cancel if you're not happy. In my case, coverage actually seems significantly better since I switched, although that's confounded because the hardware is different on the two services.

Bottom line: I've got a great PDA with a phone built in so I only lug one device around, good reception, and unlimited wireless internet for less than my old service was costing.
  13.    #13  
    Yeah, the customer service issue is a big one. I attempted to switch to sprint before and they completely botched the number port and would not help. I'm afraid ill lose hours of my life again sitting on the phone haha. Has anyone had any number ports issues?
    My ports went thru quickly and accurately...

As said before you can always go to www.sprintusers.com or howard forums to get most of the Sprint answers instead of calling CS.

If coverage is good, then switch...
    Last edited by MsRandall; 07/28/2007 at 06:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I had years of avoiding sprint and wish I had them earlier. My 650 on Vz had a weaker signal than my 1 mo old 755. I have found the sprint network is good enough. I feel much better with sprint and if you want to check your mail away from a computer you can. Verizon eats money and provides way fewer benefits. They suck too. I hate those bastards. I agree word for word with the quote below.
    "Building penetration was better with sprint in the hospital where I work. so much for Vz claims its signal penetrates better. the money I saved on data more than pays for my penalty for leaving vz. it IS worth it to switch for phones. I could not be happier."
    Quote Originally Posted by jprincipe View Post
    I'm so sick of waiting for verizon to release the 755p. Should I try sprint?
    Ok here's the thing. Verizon has a wider area of coverage. (This is well documented).

Verizon charges more for access to this network than Sprint does. (Data alone is almost 3 times as much as Sprint's $15 unlimited data plan).

You are basically getting what you pay for. If you don't need Verizon's better network, then Sprint is the way to go. (Their pricing is lower than Cingular and Verizon's).

If work is paying for your plan, or you have coverage issues w/ Sprint, I would stick to VZ.
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
  17.    #17  
    So I travel everywhere and my two partners have sprint. They always have service and in some cases when I don't. I'm trying the SERO plan. Wish me luck haha
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I personally made the switch from Verizon to Sprint. It was a great move financially, but not coverage wise, for me.

I went from a bill that was $110 a month to a bill that is $39 a month, and I actually get MORE from my Sprint phone plan, how insane is that?

Anyways, every now and then I go to areas with limited Sprint coverage, but full Verizon coverage, it's annoying and yes I can roam, but I deal with it.
    There's pros and cons to every carrier. When the Rokr came out and even when the chocolate came out, people were switching carriers, because 1) Cingular had the only phone to play songs from Itunes. 2) Verizon had a slider. With PDA's they are all almost equal with their offerings. Sprint in the past always had great phones, but horrible service in the Union, NJ area. They have improved. Personally, I have a wife and two kids under three. If I had to choose between coverage or cost, I would chose coverage. But thats just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    There's pros and cons to every carrier. When the Rokr came out and even when the chocolate came out, people were switching carriers, because 1) Cingular had the only phone to play songs from Itunes. 2) Verizon had a slider. With PDA's they are all almost equal with their offerings. Sprint in the past always had great phones, but horrible service in the Union, NJ area. They have improved. Personally, I have a wife and two kids under three. If I had to choose between coverage or cost, I would chose coverage. But thats just me.
    As much as I don't like Verizon because they bleed their customers, I can agree with coverage. You can count on Verizon in rural areas where service is in question and having that is a comfort. Sprint works out where my inlaws live but it is spotty at best. All people in their town have Verizon and I can understand why.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast