Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What exactly is SERO?

TKOS
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingOfSting View Post
    What exactly is SERO?
    Read this thread for the answer to your question.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106778
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    If you want to see what kind of coverage you'll have, check out http://www.cellreception.com

Here's their claim. "We have searchable databases of over 126,000 cell phone tower locations registered with the FCC, and over 37,000 cell phone carrier comments submitted voluntarily from real customers using their service all over the U.S.

Consumers can search for the best carrier in their area. And with our graphical tower location search, users can pinpoint nearby tower locations. Even to the exact rooftop with satellite imagery and the help of Google Maps!"

I used it a lot when I was trying to decide if Sprint would work for me.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo View Post
    I personally made the switch from Verizon to Sprint. It was a great move financially, but not coverage wise, for me.

I went from a bill that was $110 a month to a bill that is $39 a month, and I actually get MORE from my Sprint phone plan, how insane is that?

Anyways, every now and then I go to areas with limited Sprint coverage, but full Verizon coverage, it's annoying and yes I can roam, but I deal with it.
    You can get unlimited roaming for $5/month and use verizon towers, or whoever's, to get data and phone service when sprint's is not available.
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    You can get unlimited roaming for $5/month and use verizon towers, or whoever's, to get data and phone service when sprint's is not available.
    On SERO it is free so the OP will be good to go assuming he would go with the best plans available on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo View Post
    I believe switching from one large, established carrier to another large, established carrier because of phone selection is one of the BEST reasons to switch. Just ask 40% of iPhone buyers.
    I had the iPhone for a week and a half and returned it and switched to Sprint for the 755p . EDGE on iPhone was WAY too slow, and call quality wasn't that great.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    I just switched from VZ to sprint for the 755. I was sick and tired for the constant delays and BS of "testing." I ran a VZ 700p and sprint 755p side by side for two weeks. I drove from pittsburgh to philadelphia and the sprint signal was as strong or stronger the VZ signal the whole way. only once for about 30 seconds was it reversed. Building penetration was better with sprint in the hospital where I work. so much for Vz claims its signal penetrates better. the money I saved on data more than pays for my penalty for leaving vz. it IS worth it to switch for phones. I could not be happier.
    I thought you weren't supposed to use a cell phone in a hospital?
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    I thought you weren't supposed to use a cell phone in a hospital?
    I know I used to think that too but the only place I've been in a hospital that they say you "shouldn't" use one is in intensive care. I've had mine charging in every hospital room I've had to stay in, for all to see, and used PdaNet for hours. My wife is the Trauma Coordinator of a children's hospital here and everytime I visit her I see tons of people on their mobile phones.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    The only reason I'm with Sprint is the $15 unlimited internet.
    c a r l n u n e s
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > iPhone( ) > Treo 755p
    WATCH THIS BEFORE POSTING
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12