Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I swear to God I'm going to buy every Bluetooth headset on the market until I find one I like. Here's what's gone down so far...

Samsung WEP-200

Not bad. Good sound quality on my end, few complaints from those I'm speaking to.

Pathetic battery life. Doesn't fit in my little girly ears. If I really crank it in it will stay, but it hurts. This unit has soured me on clipless headsets. Yes, I have experimented with various gels, but not the Jabra gels everyone's always yapping about. I'm less than motivated to do so because of the battery life.

This will go on eBay if I can find one I like better. Otherwise, I'll keep it.

Aliph Jawbone

I love the charger. The USB works especially well for me because I have USB ports in my monitor that sits 18" from my face.

I don't wear a headset all day. I put it on when the phone rings. I missed 2 calls today while fidgeting with this thing to get it on. Nice and snug when I finally got it on, but not good for quick ear mounting. It sounds very "tinny" on my end, and those I speak to tell me I sound like I'm "in a tunnel".

This one is going back to the store.

Today I bought the Jabra BT125 and the Motorola H500. They're charging as I type. I'll post my results tomorrow.
    I have the basic Treo BT Headset ($49 from TreoCentra Store).
    It works well. No issues.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Same here. I got it as part of a starter package and it's worked better than some much more expensive headsets I've tried. Always pairs immediately, very light.
  4.    #4  
    Motorola H500

Charged and put it on. I'm not even going to try using it. It doesn't stay on my head. Again, tiny little girly ears. It just flops around.
    Please post picture of ears

Last edited by Homie; 07/27/2007 at 11:46 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Lol!
  7.    #7  
    Jabra BT125

I really like this headset. It's a strong contender for being my permanent solution. The sound was great on my end, good on the other end. Pairing was simple.

The only downsides so far:

I'm finding that I'm not a fan of headsets that don't have anything at all going in the ear. They don't feel secure. I keep reaching up to see if it's on securely. It always is, but it doesn't feel like it is, unless I'm checking it.

The blinking blue standby button is large. In my dimly lit office, it's very bright. I find myself turning to see if a plane is landing on my desk return.

When I had it in my pocket, I must have hit a button to make it disconnect. I couldn't get it to connect again. I've read the manual, and still can't find a solution. If I can get this resolved to my satisfaction, this may be a keeper.

I also bought 2 more headsets this weekend. I'll post results once I've had time to significantly test. The one I'm wearing at the moment is mighty fine, and also a serious contender.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Jabra BT 500...

Very happy with it. Paired right away. When I get into my wife's car, (this is where I use it) phone and headset see each other instantly. Operates exactly as it should.
  9.    #9  
    ^ That one's sitting on my kitchen counter, charging as we speak. I'll try it out tomorrow.
    Heavy,

A suggestion. Edit the first post to include subsequent reviews. Then they won't get lost in the thread.
  11.    #11  
    Good idea, but I'll wait until they're done.
    I have tried several as well, my chioce for comfort and function is the Jabra BT250v - not too pricy either, great battery life and comfortable for extended wear.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  13.    #13  
    Plantronics Explorer 330

Love the feel (stays on and feels snug without discomfort), love the sound (inbound and outbound), and very simple to operate.

Two problems:

I made 4 calls using it yesterday. Two of them completely rebooted my Treo. I have a really hard time blaming the headset for this. It's probably that d@mn MR update that's killing everybody. But, so far, it does seem to be unique to this headset.

It un-pairs from the Treo when it sits idle for long periods of time (like overnight), but re-pairs faster than any of the others.

So far this is the leading contender, if I can determine that the reboot problem is not unique to this headset.
    Hi Heavy,

Honestly its the bluetooth stack not the headset. What will happen if you somehow disconnect the headset from the Treo "Incorrectly", it will reboot it.

What I mean by incorrectly is charge your headset on the charger w/o disconnecting it from the treo. OR if you leave it in your ear and walk outside of the 700's BT range and when you get back it will get confused by thinking its still connected. So the next time you make a call or receive a call... WHAMMY, your treo reboots. I use the JX-10 between my Treo and BB 7520 and the BB 7520's BT stack is light years superior as far as stability as well as range (80ft so far).
  15.    #15  
    Hmmmm...

I haven't done any of those things. My Treo is in its charger (pretty much always), but the headset sat right beside it all day. I didn't walk away or attach it to the charger.

But, I do appreciate the thoughts, and it is something I will keep a close eye on.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    Hi Heavy,

Honestly its the bluetooth stack not the headset. What will happen if you somehow disconnect the headset from the Treo "Incorrectly", it will reboot it.

What I mean by incorrectly is charge your headset on the charger w/o disconnecting it from the treo. OR if you leave it in your ear and walk outside of the 700's BT range and when you get back it will get confused by thinking its still connected. So the next time you make a call or receive a call... WHAMMY, your treo reboots. I use the JX-10 between my Treo and BB 7520 and the BB 7520's BT stack is light years superior as far as stability as well as range (80ft so far).
    I been wondering why my treo likes to reboot anytime i turn off a bluetooth devices. It happens all the time w/ my tom tom bluetooth receiver. Good tips!!
  17.    #17  
    Actually, I say I haven't been doing those things, but if the BT headset is disconnecting itself, and it is, that's probably the culprit.
    I've been using the cardo scala 700, and I've had great success with it. Incoming volume is great, and outgoing is acceptable, although I've been told it's a little quiet. Does a great job of filtering background / ambient noise. It does seem to lose its pairing occasionally, but it almost always recovers within a few seconds if I just tap the command button. All in all it's been a great headset!
    I got a Plantronics Voyager 510 about a week ago. So far it's working well. I find it *very* comfortable. The sound is pretty good. One person I called told me my voice was fading in and out. Everyone else has said it sounds good. Volume controls are a bit fiddly, but I'm getting used to them.
    I agree with the post about the Plantronics Voyager 510. Most comfortable I've used and comments on the other side of the conversation has been favorable. But it kept unpairing with my Treo. I called Plantronics tech support and two different techs said, sadly, that they don't recommend any of thier headsets with any Palm device. It seems that the unpairing problem will get worse until, eventually, it won't pair at all. They said the only thing I can do is send it back. Bummer- I really liked the 510.

I also had a Jabra XJ 10, but I frequently got complaints from others that they couldn't hear me. When it finally fell apart, I tried the Jabra BT 5020.

The first 5020 also produced complaints that they couldn't hear me, and the range was awful, so I returned it under waranty. The second worked better until, about a week later, I ran over it with my car. I figured the warranty wouldn't cover that, so I tried the Plantronics.

I'm still looking.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast