Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have tried lots and lots of BT headset and everyone has some kind of problem. Now I have the Jabra BT-350, I'm very satisfied with it, I wish it's a bit louder, but this is the best out of almost 20 other headset I've tried.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Plantronics Discovery 655

I've been using the Plantronics Discovery 655 for several months now with no problems. It is extremely lightweight and comfortable. The sound quality is good, and I've never had any complaints from callers.

A sales person at the local Verizon store enthusiastically recommended it and said (at the time) it was the only bluetooth device that worked well with the 700p. Surprisingly, Plantronic's web site does not list the 700p as a compatible device (although it does list the 700w). They appear to be much cheaper now - I've seen them online recently for as low as $30. The included charger is pretty cool too.

Highly recommended.
    Quote Originally Posted by safisam View Post
    I have tried lots and lots of BT headset and everyone has some kind of problem. Now I have the Jabra BT-350, I'm very satisfied with it, I wish it's a bit louder, but this is the best out of almost 20 other headset I've tried.
    Are you using the BT 350 on a 650 or 700p/wx?

I've tried the BT 350 with both the 'P' and 'WX' version of the 700 abd they work inconsistenly. In fact, the BT 350 isn't listed on the compatability list published by Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankcal View Post

I've been using the Plantronics Discovery 655 for several months now with no problems. It is extremely lightweight and comfortable. The sound quality is good, and I've never had any complaints from callers.

A sales person at the local Verizon store enthusiastically recommended it and said (at the time) it was the only bluetooth device that worked well with the 700p. Surprisingly, Plantronic's web site does not list the 700p as a compatible device (although it does list the 700w). They appear to be much cheaper now - I've seen them online recently for as low as $30. The included charger is pretty cool too.

Highly recommended.
    I currently have the 655 and it works well. However the connection speed seems a bit slow and sometimes the pairing gets lost after log periods of inactivity. I also have problems trying to turn off the headset.
    The battery doesn't last as long as other headsets, but it's not bad. It does get loud but that's due to the inner-ear fitting of the gel ear-piece. This is the least thing I like about it (I prefer 'on'-the-ear, not 'in'-the-ear...but that's just me).

Moreover, as BT headset selections are limeted for working on the Treo, this is among one of the best options.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankcal View Post

Surprisingly, Plantronic's web site does not list the 700p as a compatible device (although it does list the 700w).
    That's probably because, as I stated earlier, Plantronics tech support told me they don't recommend the use of the Treo with the headset. They told me that some Treo's will work OK.

Today I continued to get many unpairings, even after deleting the device and repeating the set up. I found, however, that if I pressed the "call controll button" on the boom, it would re-pair.

Based on good reviews from this site, I ordered the Motorolla H700 last night from Amazon. They state that their devices are guaranteed to be original equipment- not counterfeit. We'll see how it works. I think each 700P marches to its own beat, and what works for one may not work for the other.
    Is there any BT headset with a "Boom mic" kind? because the other party always cannot hear me with HS850/HS700. I want the mic to be closer to my mouth.

thanks
    In my research prior to ordering the H700, I read some posts that sometimes the mic on the Motorola can be muffled against skin on the side of your face. They stated that one work-around for this is to attached adhesive mole skin, available in the foot care section of a supermarket or pharmacy, to the boom. One or two pieces should keep the mic away from your face. They also said that you could use a small neoprene tube. I don't know where to get one of these.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12