1.    #1  
    Is there such a thing as a wi fi sd card that will work the with 700p?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Doesn't exist.
    This is on pet peeve of mine. Palm makes a such card but there are no drivers for any Treo. I think there's a hack that will let you use it on a 650 (not trouble free) but not on a 700p.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    This is on pet peeve of mine. Palm makes a such card but there are no drivers for any Treo. I think there's a hack that will let you use it on a 650 (not trouble free) but not on a 700p.
    The wifi hack for the 650 requires you to do a hard reset after you are done using wifi and want to switch back to cellular network. The reason for this if I remember right is because Palm OS doesn't support 2 simultaneous radio.
    I remember a WiFi 'Sled' that worked for the 600 back in the day. It's not a card. It's a not so small attachment that connects to the data port and snaps on the back of the treo. If you really want Wifi, this is the only convenient solution. Not sure if they make one for the 700P though.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I read somewhere (sorry can't recall source..might have been PalmInfoCenter) that Palm lost all of the technical staff that was working on the wifi for the Palm based Treos.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    I remember a WiFi 'Sled' that worked for the 600 back in the day. It's not a card. It's a not so small attachment that connects to the data port and snaps on the back of the treo. If you really want Wifi, this is the only convenient solution. Not sure if they make one for the 700P though.
    They made the sled for the 650 too, but IMO it's not practical at all due to its size. Also, I remember they said the one for the 650 doesn't work with the 700p due to the differences in the alignment of the connector.