Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've noticed that the Directory Assistance program does not work anymore on my T650. I tried to find it to reload but cannot seem to locate it.

Is there another free program that does the job, or does anyone have a link to Dir Assistance?

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Here's the link (http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/). Seems to be working on my 700p.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Mark,

I remembered Freepalmware.com and went there and was directed to the site. I hope it's still compatible with my trusty 650.

Just tried the lastest version and it doesn't seem to work as before with some telephone numbers and did not work at all with directions. Oh well.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 07/26/2007 at 06:18 PM.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Still doesnt work with tzones proxy...
    try 1-800-466-4411 is googles free business directory.
    oppps

Or 1-800 goog411
    m.yp.com provides the same functionality as Directory Assistance
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pita View Post
    oppps

Or 1-800 goog411
    Thanks, but when I googled it, it only gave me an address, save option. ???

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    m.yp.com provides the same functionality as Directory Assistance
    Thanks Schwartz, this one worked!

Here's a DA that worked with my 650. Be sure to delete the current ap you're using before installing. If it doesn't work I do have older ones.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i have not been able to get directory assistant to work for a couple of days. is anyone else having any problems?
    morris stalk
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Same here.
    The website portal that Directory Assistant is using, m.yp.com, is yielding an "Access forbidden" message. Has been for a few days. Not sure what the issue is or if it going to be resolved.
    You can get the same information from On Demand and it is also free. I have used it a few times and it has worked very well for me. It is under Answers> Directory( 411).
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    can you send a link. thank you.
    morris stalk
    I'm having the same problem. Doesn't work and get an error message.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    morrie ON Demand comes with the 755P. Not sure if it comes with other Treos.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Directory assistant isn't working for me either.
    The data provider (yp.com) is undergoing some major changes and the mobile site is down. I don't know for sure how long, but I will be working with them to get this back working as soon as I can.

Rick
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I have seen on some other sites that DA server was having some problems so i dont think its the version of Da you have simply that the server is not working properly, wait a while and give it a try.
    Rockey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast