Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi everybody. I wanted to let you all know about a special promotion that just went into effect this morning. Zagat is offering 1,500 FREE 365-day subscriptions to ZAGAT TO GO, courtesy of Visa Signature.

As you may already know, ZAGAT TO GO is the ultimate restaurant and entertainment guide for Treos. ZAGAT TO GO gives you access to ratings and reviews of thousands of restaurants, nightspots and hotels throughout the world as well as the best US golf courses. ZAGAT TO GO allows you to find exactly what you're looking for with powerful search features and ongoing content updates.

To redeem the free subscription your readers must complete the online registration process by going to http://mobile.zagat.com/visasignature/index.htm
    Anyone know if the latest version can be stored on an SD card (700p)?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Anyone know if the latest version can be stored on an SD card (700p)?
    The main application cannot be stored on the card but all of the guide files (e.g. NYC Restaurants) can be stored on the card. The main application without guides is probably about 800KB.
    does it require a data connection?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    does it require a data connection?
    A data connection is not required. You can download and install the software onto your PC and then sync with your Treo. You can update the guides this way too. If you do have a data connection then you can do all these things OTA as well.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    And with the guides on the SD card, it's fairly light.
    I tried signing up for this the day ZTG Guy posted, but I never received a reply to my e-mail.
    Same here ODDLou....I did it to two emails and thinking we got taken for a ride.
    I got my free subscriprion
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Missed this one. Can anyone tell me the differences between this and Vindigo?
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by hteasthope View Post
    I got my free subscriprion
    congrats.
    I did it within minutes of him posting. I lose.
    That's too bad for the people that missed out on this (just to be sure, you may want to check your spam folder -- the email with your registration info may not have gotten through).

I've been a long-time user of Vindigo, and I really miss how Vindigo no longer includes the Zagat ratings. However, I never wanted to pay for the Zagat program (for me, the walking directions and map features still make Vindigo worth it, even though it hasn't been updated in forever). Even though the Zagat program doesn't have walking directions, it has other really cool features. For example, there's a "+Calendar" button which automatically adds an entry to your datebook, listing the address and telephone number of the restaurant (the default is for 8 p.m. -- I guess that's when everyone has dinner). The maps feature appears to be just like google maps, where you can get directions to or from the restaurant (including from an address in your contacts list).

All in all, not a bad program. And you can't beat the price.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvic51 View Post
    That's too bad for the people that missed out on this (just to be sure, you may want to check your spam folder -- the email with your registration info may not have gotten through).

I've been a long-time user of Vindigo, and I really miss how Vindigo no longer includes the Zagat ratings. However, I never wanted to pay for the Zagat program (for me, the walking directions and map features still make Vindigo worth it, even though it hasn't been updated in forever). Even though the Zagat program doesn't have walking directions, it has other really cool features. For example, there's a "+Calendar" button which automatically adds an entry to your datebook, listing the address and telephone number of the restaurant (the default is for 8 p.m. -- I guess that's when everyone has dinner). The maps feature appears to be just like google maps, where you can get directions to or from the restaurant (including from an address in your contacts list).

All in all, not a bad program. And you can't beat the price.
    Thanks alvic51. Not over-the-top different from Vindigo - though Vindigo hasn't been updated in quite a while. Don't need the +Calendar -- and Vindigo lists the phone # and address. I guess the best of Zagat is it's reputation and no doubt will be updated consistently. What is the subscription fee once the freebie is over?

Nevermind, it's actually the same as Vindigo - $29/yr.
    Last edited by simba; 08/01/2007 at 03:46 PM. Reason: added more info.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    I haven't gotten it either, and I'm sure it's not in my spam folder. Grr.
    I got mine but was very disappointed in it. There are only 54 restaurants reviewed in St. Louis and they are all really nice and expensive places. I hadn't heard of most of them, and doubt I'd ever use a review written like they write them. Las Vegas has 349 and I don't know that I'd use any of them. I'm not complaining, heck, the price was right. I was just wondering if I'm missing something? I mean, Vegas probably has 349 restaurants a mile.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Too bad I missed this promo. I really would have like to try this app/service for a year.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I found an interesting behavior in the app - looks like a bug to me.

I originally download and moved all the guides to mt SD card (preferring to keep the device as unencumbered as possible).

I checked for updates and found 3 (there are now quite a few more). However, even after downloading them OTA, the same guides continued to appear in the available update list.

I then moved one of the update pending guides back to the device and attempted an OTA download/update on just that item.

The update process shows that the update was successful, but the guide remains on the available update list.

In short, OTA updates do not appear to work for me. When I get a little time, I will see if I can download the updates to the PC and apply them via synch.

Anyone else seeing this behavior, or am I clearly not bright enough to do a simple OTA update correctly?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Yup, I'm seeing the same thing. OTA updates do not stick.

Anything on this, ZTG Guy?
    Update: Tried the direct to PC download with synch performing the update, both with the guide on the Treo and on the card (separate attempts). No joy. The update appears to not apply though no errors are shown.
    Strangely even if you delete the guide and download it again it STILL shows up in the update list. It looks like a problem in building the list of updated guides...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast