View Poll Results: What color palm(755p) do you like blue or Maroon?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maroon

    50 41.67%
  • Blue

    70 58.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. CPL Radar's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Purple?
    Palm calls it Burgundy.

    "Burgundy is a shade of purple associated with the Burgundy wine of the same name, which in turn is named after the Burgundy region of France."

    This poll calls it Maroon.

    "Maroon is a shade of purple. Technically it is a mixture of brown and dark red, and is sometimes simply considered a desaturated red."

    So, yeah, purple.
  2. #22  
    I have the Burgundy and my gf has the Blue. I like the Burgundy better. Not that color has any bearing on this, but her touchscreen is constantly in need of calibration. It's like the calibration sets the screen a few centimeters above what the actual screen location is, leading to hard to press "buttons" on the bottom of many applications.

    Last night when I went through the touchscreen calibration, I tapped -- instead of on the "x" in the center of the target -- on the 2nd outermost red line in the target, that seemed to help some.
  3. #23  
    How do you re-calibrate an out-of-calibration calibrator?
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  4. #24  
    I wanted Maroon, but since they offered me the Blue 755p as a free upgrade to my problematic 700p, I didn't complain.

    Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    How do you re-calibrate an out-of-calibration calibrator?
    This might help...

    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...m_External2001

    I'll try these steps on my girlfriend's Treo. Also, deleting the saved_preferences.prc may help?
  6. #26  
    I like the burgundy because it reminds me of my high school days since burgundy was my school colors. Also it just looks better than the blue in my opinion. Sticks out if you put them next to each other.
    diane
  7. #27  
    I love the burgundy also...gets alot of attention cause its purr-dee
    Last edited by MsRandall; 07/29/2007 at 11:11 AM.
  8. LennyV's Avatar
    Posts
    377 Posts
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    #28  
    I like the burgundy also. I feel like having a 650 and 700 before the burgundy was a nice change.

    I wish they offered white like in the 680 though.
    Lenny


    Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

    [Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    I like the burgundy because it reminds me of my high school days since burgundy was my school colors. Also it just looks better than the blue in my opinion. Sticks out if you put them next to each other.

    not to ge off topic but what kind of case is that in your picture?
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    not to ge off topic but what kind of case is that in your picture?
    It's a clear case specifically for the treo 750. When the 755 first came out they didn't have any cases yet so I got that one. Unfortunately it did not fit right. It was a bit tight. I bet you they have some specifically for the 755 now. Check ebay that's where I got mine.
    diane
  11.    #31  
    interesting to see how close this really was.
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  12. #32  
    Pffft, blue all the way.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    It's a clear case specifically for the treo 750. When the 755 first came out they didn't have any cases yet so I got that one. Unfortunately it did not fit right. It was a bit tight. I bet you they have some specifically for the 755 now. Check ebay that's where I got mine.

    It looks like you jumped to pink not blue or maroon anymore.
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  14. #34  
    Here North of the border in Canada, Telus only offers it in black. I love it 'cause as some others mentioned it it looks classy. I absolutely love the rubberized paint.
  15. #35  
    I didn't vote because my carrier offers only black, which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE btw.

    BUT if I had to choose between blue and burgundy/maroon, I'd go with blue for two reasons. 1) I have an aversion to red! and 2) The blue reminds me of my beloved Cowboys!!
  16. #36  
    The blue is so sexy I had to use a clear case.
  17. dlai's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #37  
    I think both colors are fine, but I question how long the finish will last. My blue one is already showing signs of rubbing off, leaving a dull black finish. Looks very weird...
  18. #38  
    That's why i would either put an invisible shield on it, or use a clear case.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohappydaye View Post
    I didn't vote because my carrier offers only black, which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE btw.

    BUT if I had to choose between blue and burgundy/maroon, I'd go with blue for two reasons. 1) I have an aversion to red! and 2) The blue reminds me of my beloved Cowboys!!
    I have never seen a black one do you have pics?
    Tritan

    May the Pda be with you!!
  20. #40  
    The blue ones work better, I have it from the Car Talk guys.

    BB
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions