1.    #1  
    Is there a way to brick a Sprint 700p on purpose short of throwing it into a Microwave?
    Get the update on Palm's site. While the update is running on the Treo, take the battery out.

Why do you want to do this anyway?
    Try banging it against your head repeatedly.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Creating threads like this should be an automatic ban.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Why? I can think of at least 1 reason why I'd want to do it. Ever take something in for repair, and not be able to duplicate the problem? Tech says it's fine, you get home, the problem still exists.
    I'd brick mine in a heartbeat if I got sent home with a sometimes faulty unit.
    Not 100% legit, but pretty darn close.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I was trying to think of legitimate reasons earlier to brick a Treo. That came into mind, but people will still say to suck it up and just buy a new one. The OP didn't give a reason why he wants to do this.
    I was trying to think of legitimate reasons earlier to brick a Treo. That came into mind, but people will still say to suck it up and just buy a new one. The OP didn't give a reason why he wants to do this.
    Then did you possibly jump the gun with the "automatic ban"?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Does it matter? Do you want me to delete that post or something? I wasn't asking them to ban you. I wasn't asking them to ban anyone.

You know, this is the reason I don't post much here anymore. There are too many people here now that just want to argue or start something over nothing.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 07/25/2007 at 11:14 PM.
    You know, this is the reason I don't post much here anymore. There are too many people here now that just want to argue or start something over nothing.
    Welcome to the world of internet forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Why? I can think of at least 1 reason why I'd want to do it. Ever take something in for repair, and not be able to duplicate the problem? Tech says it's fine, you get home, the problem still exists.
    I'd brick mine in a heartbeat if I got sent home with a sometimes faulty unit.
    Not 100% legit, but pretty darn close.
    Funny, I was thinking of that today at work. I couldn't agree with you more.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Does it matter? Do you want me to delete that post or something? I wasn't asking them to ban you. I wasn't asking them to ban anyone.

That gave me a good laugh. At the risk of being argumentative, it certainly sounded to me like you DID ask "them" to ban the OP, and then you got offended when somebody simply asked why. Hardly an argument.
    I said that if someone creates a thread like this they should be banned. I wasn't asking or telling the mods to do it. I said that they should (if the person was asking so they could try and get a free upgrade, which I should have mentioned in that post). I was assuming the OP was asking this so that he could try to get a free upgrade. So far he hasn't responded yet to let us know why he wants to do this.

For one thing, he may be hopeful of ridding himself of a post-MR POS 700p that doesn't do what it supposed to for a 755 that seems to do most things fairly well. In other words, make Sprint and Palm give him what he paid for. This ain;t rocket science to a fair-minded but increasingly desperate man....
    Then why did you even respond to the OP's question? You sound like you must be 12 years old.
    STFU!!!!

just kidding
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by PCStreo View Post
    Then why did you even respond to the OP's question? You sound like you must be 12 years old.
    Did you read my very first response to this thread? I gave him instructions on how to do what he asked.

I should have waited on his response first though on why he wants to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    STFU!!!!

just kidding
    There ya go. I don't want anyone thinking that our beloved munk is that mean.
    If you can't put up a good suggestion or a smart response, try not to respond. The OP is discontented with the product, give him space.
    <Closed>