1.    #1  
    OK....so I went ahead and bought the Kinoma upgrade. I gather the deal here is:

1. The native player will stream and play AVI and MPEG, but not any WM files.
    2. Kinoma will not stream AVI or MPEG, but will stream WM files and Youtube streams.

Since I installed Kinoma, I now can no longer stream MPEG files. When I try and stream WMV files, I get an "insufficient bandwidth" error and then an "out of memory" error. I've got PLENTY of memory, both on my card and on my device.

I tried registering on their forum but I am now in "administrative queue" so I can't post yet. Any suggestions? Why doesn't someone make one player that will play everything? It just might be a big seller.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Kinoma will not stream AVI or MPEG, but will stream WM files and Youtube streams.
    Kinoma Player doesn't play AVI files. It does play MPEG-4 files, and our documentation has a good "content compatibility" section that goes into good detail.

-- Charles Wiltgen

Subscribe to Kinoma Notes: The Kinoma Blog today!
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Are you on a 680 or 755p?
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+