Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Downloaded it, seemed to work good, the quick install is not present in this version. Looks different than previous versions, more for Vista, I guess.
    Matty
    the quick install was the only part of the previous version of Palm Desktop that I could not get to work with Vista!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pauld5999 View Post
    the quick install was the only part of the previous version of Palm Desktop that I could not get to work with Vista!
    Same here, do you have the 32 bit version of Vista, or the 64?
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Same here, do you have the 32 bit version of Vista, or the 64?
    using 32. i dont use Palm Desktop much at home (where my vista desktop is), mostly at work where I am on XP SP2(recently ugraded from Windows 98, yeah we are that cheap) so it really is not an issue. I was just thinkin that if they go through the trouble of releasing a "vista" version why not get it all working...we are goin on how long now since released to developers???
    Palm didn't even say if it would work with 64-bit versions of Vista.
    On Vista x32, is everyone else getting EASnotify.dll not found during the installation? I assume its because the Versamail conduit isn't included, but I just wanted to confirm.
  7.    #7  
    I didn't get that error. It should work with the 64bit, because it made mention of it, somewhere in the process. Don't remember where....
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    On Vista x32, is everyone else getting EASnotify.dll not found during the installation? I assume its because the Versamail conduit isn't included, but I just wanted to confirm.
    Getting the same error here too. I dont use Versamail though.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I have major problems sync data between desktop and Treo.
    Records mismatch all the time.. Annoying.

I would like to try this new version of Palm Desktop (Using Win XP Sp2.)

Is it possible to extract the quick install app from the old version (to install) and install the new Vista version.

Is that the only thing missing from the new version?
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    Getting the same error here too. I dont use Versamail though.
    Yeah, I don't either, but EAS stands for "Exchange ActiveSync" or something along those lines.

I actually just tried to do my first sync after the update, over USB, and its locking up at "Tasks" on the phone/ "To Do List" on the desktop.

Edit: It does the same on Bluetooth syncing. Its not that it freezes, its that it keeps trying, and cancelling on either end gives the "cancelling may take a minute" message for a while, after which that screen doesn't disappear.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 07/25/2007 at 05:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post

Is it possible to extract the quick install app from the old version (to install) and install the new Vista version.

I would think you could still use the regular install tool. I never knew the advantage of quickinstall anyway.
    I am having major hotsyn issues. It wont progress past syncing of my calendar and I am also unable to access the settings for hotsync conduit settings.

Anyone else?
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
    I'm able to access the settings, but yeah it gets stuck during my syncing. I'm going to try uninstalling, deleting the folder, and cleaning my registry. Also, I noticed I still have the file set to xp compatibility (didn't realize that until now) so maybe turning that off will help.

Edit: Nope, still freezes at synchronizing tasks. It shows everything twice in the applications menu though, I wonder if that has anything to do with it

Vista, 32 bit Ultimate
    Treo 755p
    Last edited by jhoff80; 07/25/2007 at 06:27 PM.
    It appears that Tasks, Pics and Videos, and Memos (aka To Do, Media, Memo Pad on the PC) freezes the sync. If you turn off those three, it should work fine.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post

it says on palms site that this specifically for Vista...I dont know if Id trust trying it on xp..if it did both they'd have bragged about it
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    BEWARE guys. This beta has completly corupted my calendar dat file. Its all gone, every date I have had entered in my Treo for as long as I have had one is GONE. I also keep getting a reset loop on my Treo cause the calendar data is gone.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
  17.    #17  
    D*mn, I didn't have a bit of trouble. Yeah, it is for Vista only, you should use your cd version, if your running xp. It supposedly works on the 32 bit version, and the 64 bit, as well. But don't install it, if you are using xp.
    Matty
    This should be moved. Anyhow got it syncing perfectly on vista home premium. One problem. All events show up as the same sky blue color as the rest of the program even though they have different catagories. I don't see an option to change this. Anybody else notice this bug?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yes I did get that error three times when I installed it on my Vista Ultimate X64 laptop. I also got warning that the driver was unsigned. After the install with the first HotSync the USB driver failed to install. Looks like Palm does not support X64 machines.
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg View Post
    Yes I did get that error three times when I installed it on my Vista Ultimate X64 laptop. I also got warning that the driver was unsigned. After the install with the first HotSync the USB driver failed to install. Looks like Palm does not support X64 machines.
    I got all of the same errors you got but my USB driver didn't fail and i have a Vista Ultimate x32 laptop. Another problem i'm having is when i open Palm Desktop, the only tabs that show up are media and install. No contacts, to do, calendar, etc...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast