Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pauld5999 View Post
    the quick install was the only part of the previous version of Palm Desktop that I could not get to work with Vista!
    Exactly. No point in applying this update if they STILL haven't fixed the Quick Installer.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr View Post
    Exactly. No point in applying this update if they STILL haven't fixed the Quick Installer.
    What are the benefits of the quick installer as compared to the install tool anyway, both do exactly the same thing. Some of us also couldn't open Palm Desktop at all in previous versions, and this new version works fine for that.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm able to access the settings, but yeah it gets stuck during my syncing. I'm going to try uninstalling, deleting the folder, and cleaning my registry. Also, I noticed I still have the file set to xp compatibility (didn't realize that until now) so maybe turning that off will help.

Edit: Nope, still freezes at synchronizing tasks. It shows everything twice in the applications menu though, I wonder if that has anything to do with it

Vista, 32 bit Ultimate
    Treo 755p
    they make a 32 bit ULTIMATE? I thought Ulitmate was all 64 bit
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Yes, Ultimate comes in 32 and 64 bit. If you buy the OEM version you choose either 32 bit or 64 bit. If you buy the retail version of Ultimate you get both 32 and 64 bit in the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr View Post

Ok, well I was wrong. It's a much better product and while still missing Quick Installer, it does have an Installer function.

Definitely worth installing on Vista.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12