Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Its about time that Palm releases a version of palm desktop for vista. Palm desktop hasn't been updated in what seems like years. I will definitely give it a go tonight on my vista machine and let you guys know how it is. Its in beta, but its better than nothing.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I'm curious to see how they've updated the PIM apps. As you said, they haven't been significantly touched in ages!
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i'm anxious to see your results cadman. i have been debating whether to install it myself.
    morris stalk
  4.    #4  
    Its my wife's laptop. What she doesn't know won't kill her. Right??
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Its my wife's laptop. What she doesn't know won't kill her. Right??
    lol ok man..
    I'd rather break mine than hear "dont touch it, remember when you....." for ever
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    OK I tried it. Heres my first impressions (vista home premuim 32bit)

The Install went without incident but it did ask me to repair the BT which went fine.
    It seemed to import my data from my old palm folder without a problem.
    The UI is prety much the same.
    The hotsync progress is a bit more informative and shows you what its doing, not just let you wonder if it froze. I used the cable method but will try the BT later.
    Some things are missing like the ability to choose a color (its a hideous light blue) , but hey I guess its a beta and wont expect too much from Palm anymore.

EDIT: I tried load docs to go 10 ( that uses the quick install) and it actually used the install fine

thats it for now, got a beach callin my name.
    Last edited by pump142; 07/25/2007 at 01:01 PM.
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the update pump!!
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    no luck with BT hotsync. will try again later.. back to the beach
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    On my Vista Ultimate X64 laptop the install worked with three errors all the same during install. The error message was “Notifier File EASNotify.dll not found”. This error had options to bypass it. I got another notice the driver was unsigned and I allowed it in the popup. I started HotSync and system tried to install the USB device driver and it failed. Looks like Palm still is not supporting the X64 machines.
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142 View Post
    no luck with BT hotsync. will try again later.. back to the beach
    I was able to get mine to sync with BT adapter.... I like the new version.
    David Smith

Me - Treo 755p
    Wifey - Treo Centro
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    has anyone been able to sync with Outlook 2007 using it?
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan View Post
    has anyone been able to sync with Outlook 2007 using it?
    Yes. I've been using 2007 for awhile. It worked with the old version after I ran the updater. The new version has worked perfectly for me using bluetooth. I also installed DTG 10 and it's been working 100%.
  13.    #13  
    I know there are two threads on this, why one in the 755p forum confuses me. Anyhow, I can't change the color of catagories in calendar, they did away with the stupid small icon view for contacts, but the picture contact view looks cartoonish. I like it a lot though.
    Anyone know if Timezones in outlook are syncing on the 700p with this new desktop/sync?

If you have the checkbox in hotsync with outlook setup to sync timezones. Create an appointment in outlook, sync, then look in "Time" in the Treo 700p calendar, is there a Timezone listed?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brutel1 View Post
    Yes. I've been using 2007 for awhile. It worked with the old version after I ran the updater. The new version has worked perfectly for me using bluetooth. I also installed DTG 10 and it's been working 100%.
    Did you install it on top of your previous install or do a fresh install?.....haven't been able to find where it prompts you to choose between Palm Desktop and Outlook for synchronization choices....i did a clean install and it will only synch to Palm Desktop,which i don't want
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Rather keep my old version. This ish don't work. EASNotify.dll missing, driver unsigned warning, and no contacts, to-do or calendar tabs in Palm Desktop. Sucks as usual Palm...

Plus no option to sync with Outlook
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1 View Post
    Rather keep my old version. This ish don't work. EASNotify.dll missing, driver unsigned warning, and no contacts, to-do or calendar tabs in Palm Desktop. Sucks as usual Palm...

Plus no option to sync with Outlook
    Is this really an update at all (4.1.4E)? I don't see anything different and the update is dated from September of 2005! Can someone provide a link if there's a new update somewhere on the PALM site?
  18.    #18  
    click on link from the treocentral homepage
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    cadman, do you find the new version worthwhile or would it be better to wait for the final version? did you lose anything on your handheld after the download?
    morris stalk
  20.    #20  
    Morrie, I lost nothing and gained nothing. The bright blue is killing me, as well as all the appointments being the same color. The picture id contact list is bigger and they did remove the views that had those little people in front of them. It was painless for me. I did it on a two month old machine. It is ALOT faster hotsyncing then 4.1.1.e......whatever it is......I would do it again if I had a second machine with vista.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast