Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Works great. I am syncing as I am typing this. It is FAST!!!
    V4.1.4 or whatever version I was running did work under Vista, but the font was tiny, and very hard to read on my laptop. I decided to try this newer version that's Vista approved to see if it would use Vista's cleartype font and make things easier to read.

I just upgraded to 6.2 Beta and uninstalled my older version and installed this one as per the instructions on Palms site. It didn't import my data automatically.

I set the Hotsync parameters to "handheld overwrites desktop" for everything and performed a bluetooth sync. Seems ok so far...

Joe.
  3.    #43  
    The Picture view is horrible for the contacts, not that I would use it, but all the images are grainy, and the view is so much bigger than previous versions. Its almost criminal aka 700p mr fiasco that palm took this long to release something for vista.
    Has anyone tried it with a XPPro machine?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Just got a vista laptop (X61T), downloaded the beta desktop for my 650, try to sync and get the new device issue, The treo has served me well, but I think it is time to look into the 750 or BB.

Just frustrated, especially given I just had to do a hard reset on my phone due to other issues. My 650 is 2.5 years old, and screws are coming out on their own. This could be the final swansong for a great machine.

ART
  6.    #46  
    The screws coming out are from having the phone on vibrate so much. I bought a hex screwdriver for $7.00 from Home Depot and tightened up my 650 like it came from the factory. But back on topic......I am loving the speed of the software on vista.
    Last edited by cadman; 08/22/2007 at 02:53 PM.
    Update, The 650 fell on my tile floor, and is deaddeaddead.

Went out and got a 750, hate it.

Anyone who went from a 650 to a 680, what are your experiences?
    Quote Originally Posted by ygthb View Post
    Update, The 650 fell on my tile floor, and is deaddeaddead.

Went out and got a 750, hate it.

Anyone who went from a 650 to a 680, what are your experiences?
    Guys.. Please don't hijack the thread with unrelated discussions. You are best to go ask this stuff in a new thread or better yet in a different area (like the 680 section. That's why it's there).
    Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

I just did a fresh install of Vista, downloaded the 6.2 Palm Desktop Beta...and now calendars and contacts won't sync with Outlook 2007. Tasks sync just fine, but no go with either calendar or contacts. Any thoughts? I've done some looking but haven't found a solution.

Edit: Using a Treo 680.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by no_basho View Post
    Hi everyone,

I just did a fresh install of Vista, downloaded the 6.2 Palm Desktop Beta...and now calendars and contacts won't sync with Outlook 2007. Tasks sync just fine, but no go with either calendar or contacts. Any thoughts? I've done some looking but haven't found a solution.

Edit: Using a Treo 680.
    Can you get it to sync with Palm Desktop?
    sorry to start the hijack. I will take it to the 680 forum.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Can you get it to sync with Palm Desktop?
    Well, after uninstalling 6.2 Beta, installing the version that came with my 680 CD (no luck there), and then reinstalling 6.2 Beta, my contacts and calendar suddenly syncs. Go figure...

Thanks for the assistance, tho'.
    All I have to say is WOW!!! This thing syncs faster than anything I have seen in the past. I am looking forward to seeing what can be done about other conduits and replacing the missing functions, but I would happily live with this solution as is.

ART

BTW-Got the 680 (this is not a hijack)
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WreckRman2 View Post
    I was able to get mine to sync with BT adapter.... I like the new version.
    I am having trouble syncing my 700p via BT (my blue tooth adapter is from Blue Soeili) in Vista. I have downloaded both the Vista capable versions of Blue Soleil software (v3.228) and the beta version of Palms HotSync manager. Any ideas why this could be happening?
    A.S.d.l.C
  15.    #55  
    Just an update...Cannot sync tasks on 650. When I sync with Vista it hangs. So I deleted every task from both the machine and my phone and did a soft reset. Now my xp machine says it cannot sync tasks because it is a different database.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^did you try programs>palm>PIM conduit sync>sync with outlook?
    This little tidbut should be stickied as a separate post for future reference for all of us who installed the Vista Hotsync package. THANK YOU!

search bait: palm desktop outlook hotsync vista conduit synchronize
    Pray, tell me why this ought to be a sticky????
    There is no information here whatsoever to sync a Vista 64 bit ultimate. Very misleading and utterly useless 3 pages.
    Easy fella. Sorry this doesn't work for you but the title of the thread doesn't specify 64 bit Vista now does it? How you can qualify this as misleading I have no idea. But 'utterly useless'? Hardly... for those of us who installed the new Hotsync app on Vista (32 bit, evidently) and couldn't figure out how to get it to sync our Treos with Outlook, this thread has an extremely valuable tip that Palm themselves evidently didn't see fit to disclose. For that reason alone the thread is very useful, to at least some of us (thanks, ChemEngr!)
    ...and still no proper hot sync software for Vista from Palm!!!

With that, does anyone seriously doubt that Palm will no longer be with us this time next year???

Speaking for myself, I'll not throw any more money down the rathole buying new Palm software, much less any new hardware!

I've loved the Palm OS, but Palm truly DESERVES to die!!!
    The Treo 600 may be "Buck Rogers," but Handspring Customer Service is strictly "Moe, Larry, and Curly"!!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123