Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    ditto
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    bluetooth sync worked fine for me first time out. Love the new sync program though.
    Although my prob is that I use agendus and it wont sync with palm desktop for some reason...

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan View Post
    Did you install it on top of your previous install or do a fresh install?.....haven't been able to find where it prompts you to choose between Palm Desktop and Outlook for synchronization choices....i did a clean install and it will only synch to Palm Desktop,which i don't want
    Do you mean a clean install of the Palm Desktop or Outlook? If your referring to the Palm Desktop you have to uninstall your older version then put the new one on and choose the same use name.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brutel1 View Post
    Do you mean a clean install of the Palm Desktop or Outlook? If your referring to the Palm Desktop you have to uninstall your older version then put the new one on and choose the same use name.
    I wasn't using Palm desktop for syncing contacts prior to installing the beta....i was using Outlook 2007....now that i have installed the beta it will only sync my contacts to Palm Desktop...can't find a way for it to sync to outlook like it did before.....
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    ^did you try programs>palm>PIM conduit sync>sync with outlook?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    OK, I use PocketMirror as my Outlook conduit, and this beta and PM don't play well together AT ALL. So I'm back to my CD version of Palm Desktop with my Treo 700p. I use PalmVista Simple Installer to sync files to my Treo and though not as elegant as the Palm Quick Install, it works fine and I think I'll just leave well enough alone for now!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    I don't see "PIM conduit" in the palm folder....only outlook conduit and Psd conduit which neither seem to make any change at all to the current state of things
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Thanks. I was having the same problem.

That, BTW, is either a really poor design decision to hide it in the start folders and not even give any hints about it, or is an feature they are still working on. Lets hope the latter.

Three other things I've noticed:

1) There is no longer a way to assign the path you want to have your hotsync user folder saved under.

2) When I bring up HotSync Manager and then close/minimize it again, it's presence is stuck in the task bar (IOW: It doesn't properly hide itself only in the tool tray)

3) It's really a poor job of Palm to not provide a forum or public feedback area for this beta. It's sad that its left up to forums like this to provide a place where we can all provide help and notes to each other. Palm is trying their hardest to isolate themselves from the outside world. An anonymous "survey" and a heavily moderated blog do not make for good beta testing facilities.
    Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried this with Docs2Go, Password Plus or Pocket Quicken yet?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nmarrion View Post
    Has anyone tried this with Docs2Go, Password Plus or Pocket Quicken yet?
    works fine with Docs2go 10.0.....will not sync with an earlier version
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    installation went flawlessly. the interface is ugly. it is nice to once again install programs without having to email them to myself.
    morris stalk
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    found it through windows explorer.....thanks a million !!!!!!!
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i noticed that after the install there is a definite long lag when typing on the calendar. it never was there before, it was always instant. it works fine on all the other applications. it there a chance that the new palm can cause that?
    morris stalk
    Hi guys. I wanted to share my solution to Vista and Palm battle. It is a little guide of how i am using it. Maybe someone will find it useful.

http://ahsirg.kvplab.com/pdwvu.htm
  15.    #35  
    I would love to be able to sync with vistas calendar and contacts. Just to test the waters...
    Can anyone confirm if the beta can sync contacts/calendar, etc. with Outlook 2003 or not? Palm's "documentation" only mentions Outlook 2007. I installed the beta software but am receiving the EASnotify error. I adjusted the conduit to sync with Outlook, but now there are no available settings in HotSync for calendar, contacts, notes, or task settings. I am wondering if the EASnotify error is because I do not have outlook 2007, or maybe I just need to un-install and re-install the beta software. Basically, if I can't sync to an earlier version of Outlook then the beta is useless to me. It amazes me (well not really) that Palm couldn't simply add a few words to clarify if the new software works with Outlook 2007 only, or all versions of Outlook "including 2007". Thanks for your input...
    Are there any new features in the PIM in this new version?
    What devices supports the extra contact fields?

I did an install of the latest and there are 9 custom fields (my 700p has 4), an assistant name and assistant phone field, a nickname field, and two im fields (my 700p only has 1), and it has room for 7 phone numbers, my 700p only has room for 5)
  19.    #39  
    I would love it if main phone number can have a different abbreviation.
    I always get it confused with mobile.
    THe palm website says the new Palm Desktop only works with Treo 680 and above. I have a treo 650. Does anyone know if it will work with T650?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast