Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    what's the best ebook reader to have in treo 650?

i have .pdf and .pdb files that i would like to view in my treo, i was wondering what's the best ebook reader to view both files? or an app that could convert .pdf to .pdb.

i had mobipocket but when i hotsync my files to treo it hangs. isilo does not view my file well...i think this the only app who can view .pdb files???
    ereader will view pdb's.
    Mobipocket is prc or txt
    the pdf viewer with the recent version of docs to go works good.
    A related question: my library now has downloadable audio books, but you need to have "OverDrive Media Console" format installed on both PC and device. Anyone know if this works on a 700p? (I have the feeling it must be on a windows machine.)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    A related question: my library now has downloadable audio books, but you need to have "OverDrive Media Console" format installed on both PC and device. Anyone know if this works on a 700p? (I have the feeling it must be on a windows machine.)

Thats what I thought, but on the overdrive website you can find a link telling you how it works with pockettunes
    Honestly, there are way too many different formats for ebooks, and they really need to standardize on one. I like isilo best for ones without DRM, but then theres also Mobipocket and Ereader type ones that do have DRM, plus a bunch of others that haven't caught on as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Thats what I thought, but on the overdrive website you can find a link telling you how it works with pockettunes
    That's fantastic! Thanks sxtg.
    I've been listening to Overdrive and Netlibrary audiobooks for several years now and it works great. You need to keep licensing up on Windows Media Player, add the Treo as the device you want to sync to, set up a synce and the 2 programs do the rest.

Never an overdue fine on books on tape anymore!
    I use PalmFiction.

In my opinion it is much better than ereader and it's freeware.

You can get it from http://palmfiction.sourceforge.net
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    i srepligo a good one? what files does it read?
    I use RepliGo in place of full adobe pdf. If I have e-mails I want to keep I "print" them to RepliGo format and then I can copy the file to my device. I don't think RepliGo is a known ereader...in other words I don't think there is a database of books available for it. But if you have a book in text format you could print it to RepliGo format and read it on your device.

I do like RepliGo, but honestly I think it was a bit expensive for what it does. I've found use for it to get my money's worth...but knowing what I know now I don't think I would have bought it.