1.    #1  
    Just got the Palm Ultralight Wireless and I could never use it as a headset. It's horribly static-y. I've heard Jabra is also compatible, I know Motorola are not. Anyone want to weigh in? I've never really had a headset bluetooth or otherwise I thought was particularly good. One wired headset I had years ago when I had sprint pcs was OK but I don't recall the name.

thanks
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    You're talking about a small mono earpiece...yes? My wife loves her Jabra BT 125...it's small, cheap ($40), and Bluetooth 2.0 compatible.
    I like my Jawbone.
    Another vote for the Aliph Jawbone.
    I am using the 8010 from jabra and i love it works great for phone calls as well as music can use it as mono or stereo

Fred
    My Plantronics 590 headset has gorgeous gorgeous drop dead sound.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I started using a wired 2 in 1 headset over my Jabra BT150 because it just sounds better, and I like hearing through two ears. I mostly use a headset during phone conferences and the cable doesn't get in my way.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    My Plantronics 590 headset has gorgeous gorgeous drop dead sound.
    +1. Plantronics are the way to go. I wont buy any other brand after using them. I have two different models and both are awesome.
    The problem is still with the 680 BT, not the headsets--unless you have vastly different experience than me, the thing still either freezes or otherwise loses operability after it switches to an incoming phone call, about 80% of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    The problem is still with the 680 BT, not the headsets--unless you have vastly different experience than me, the thing still either freezes or otherwise loses operability after it switches to an incoming phone call, about 80% of the time.
    You actually replied to me in the softick forum before about the 680 > SAG > Bluetooth > headset issues and mentioned the above continuing issue you have.

Do these freezes require getting out of the apps and back in or is it a freeze up requiring a reset? I'm trying to figure out just how annoying the issue is before I dump $100 on a stereo bluetooth headset.

And for me, all this is simply to bypass the cheap jack. I'm more than content to use a wired headset for my audio books but after issues with broken jacks on my 650 I don't even want to deal with it on the 680. : |
    It is just the app. The phone doesn't freeze. But somehow the BT gets jammed. As I may have already said, then, it never misses a call coming in. I can always press the headset and the incoming phone call is right there--and I have to say it is a very comfortable phone call, with no problems as far as I can remember of anybody understanding me, and never with me understanding them.

Getting back is often a problem. One of the problems is that, even when it works, there is a very large pause--perhaps 20 or 30 seconds. I know I have sometimes purposely waited, thinking maybe I have reacted too quickly for things to settle down, but that has never seemed to cure it, no matter how long I wait.

You're right about the jack--mine broke on several 650s, and now on two 680s. In fact, I just ordered a universal BT receiver so I can avoid using the jack when connecting to my stereo. It was very cheap, (like fifteen bucks) and thus I am awaiting its arrival curious to see if it will work. Apparently it has no passkey and I'm not sure the 680 will pair with it.