1.    #1  
    its been awhile since ive messed with mp3 ringtones my treo. i recently had to do a hard reset and now would like to have my ringtones back. can someone walk through the process once again?

i have mini tones and phone technician. im also using a 1gb sd card. ive tried messing with the 2 programs but im not getting the ringtones to play.

ed
    Well, the ringtones will not play off the card. You have to load the tones through minitones, then edit them (if necessary) then add them to your phone to get them to work. Then you must set them to users or with your sound application.
    Are you able to see the list of mp3's on your card in minitones?
    Quote Originally Posted by rspi View Post
    Well, the ringtones will not play off the card. You have to load the tones through minitones, then edit them (if necessary) then add them to your phone to get them to work. Then you must set them to users or with your sound application.
    im sorry but can you explain more in detail? walk me through it? it sounds easy but its still in a different language if you know what i mean.

thanks
    ed
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Are you able to see the list of mp3's on your card in minitones?
    yes
    make sure you have minitones on the treo, have the mp3s on the card,... minitones will import and edit down (as they are big files on treos small memory) and will put editied modified mp3s onto treo
    You did say that you can see the mp3's in Minitones, which means that they are in a folder on the SD card. Proceed as follows...
    1. Select an mp3 for processing by selecting the box to the left of the song title. (a tick appears)
    2. Select the [Add Selection] button.
    3. Edit the title in the Save As field
    4. Select the [Trim] button
    5. Click and drag the start and end time balloons so that the required piece of the mp3 is shown in blue.
    6. Use the play buttons under the words Start and End to review the clip.
    7. Use the [-] and [+] buttons to refine the endpoints
    8. Press [OK]
    9. then [Add] on the [Add tone] window and you're done

The ringtone is now in your list of available ringtones and may be selected in the normal way.
    what is minitones?
    Just do a google for minitones freeware, it's a free program that will take anything you mp3 you have and edit it down to a ring tone... great program but keep edits of songs short, otherwise you will end up using alot of memory