1.    #1  
    Hello All,

I'm in a trial of Chattermail, and I have 2 questions on it.

1-If my main account is GMAIL, and I set it up to forward to a IMAP account to get the Push, on Chatter when I'm replying to a GMAIL->Fastmail->Chatter email, is there anyway to have my "reply to" address be "@gmail" and not "@fastmail?"

2-Also, how do I get a IMAP Chatter account? is it free?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Purdue
    The answer to your first question is to set up a new SMTP profile
    Go to menu, Box, New SMTP Profile only
    in the settings use
    Server - smtp.gmail.com
    login name is your gmail address without the at gmail dot com portion
    Return address is your full email address (with at gmail dot com)
    Full name - whatever you want to appear as your name
    You have to check off TLS and only TLS on the bottom

Also if you go to settings, Pref, Preferences, Composing View and check off Smart Profile Selection it will allow you to hit reply and it will automatically reply with your gmail profile if the email came from gmail to fastmail.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    in the settings use
    Server - smtp.gmail.com

Also if you go to settings, Pref, Preferences, Composing View and check off Smart Profile Selection it will allow you to hit reply and it will automatically reply with your gmail profile if the email came from gmail to fastmail.
    You can also change the "return address" to whatever email address you desire, no matter what the smtp. For ex., I use fusemail as my smtp (and IMAP provider) but I have an optonline email address that I want everyone to reply to for this particular account. In other words, you don't have to set up a new smtp to change the "return address".
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    in the settings use
    Server - smtp.gmail.com

Thanks very much!

Purdue
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo View Post
    You can also change the "return address" to whatever email address you desire, no matter what the smtp. For ex., I use fusemail as my smtp (and IMAP provider) but I have an optonline email address that I want everyone to reply to for this particular account. In other words, you don't have to set up a new smtp to change the "return address".
    Just to make sure that I'm not missing something, you just mean manually edit it, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by purdue1014 View Post
    Just to make sure that I'm not missing something, you just mean manually edit it, right?
    Yes. In your Fastmail setup, under the SMTP options, fill out everything as you normally would for fastmail, except use your gmail address in the Ret'n Addr. box.

Although it's better just to make a separate SMTP profile
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    Yes. In your Fastmail setup, under the SMTP options, fill out everything as you normally would for fastmail, except use your gmail address in the Ret'n Addr. box.

Although it's better just to make a separate SMTP profile
    Thanks!