1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have an HTC Trinity aka Orange SPV M700, which was fine until I put Good Mobile Messaging on it! Well, its still 90% OK and the push e-mail works fine.

However, if I try to dial the number 1 using the soft key phone pad (there is no hardware keypad), it automatically starts up the Good contacts. And this is irrespective of where I dial the 1 - at the start or in the middle of a number.

I am basically now limited to dialing phone numbers that do not contain the number 1!

WTF?! That sucks, IMO.

The taking over of contacts and calender and the unwanted auto-start, I can live with, but this taking over of the number 1 is not acceptable.

I want my #1 back!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help please.
  2.    #2  
    Oh some more info:

Windows Mobile 5.0 (5.1.342)

GMM v4.9.3.21_EN
  3. WDW
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC_Trinity View Post
    ...which was fine until I put Good Mobile Messaging on it!
    Welcome to the club...where our expensive, high-tech gadgets continually get crippled by a never-ending bumbling from the Good developers. It is amazing that this company cannot get their act together. And equally amazing is the fact that they do not acknowledge any of these bugs and do not fix them for months if at all.

My condolences to you as I do not have a solution for you. Of course you can always follow the Good solution which is a Hard Reset followed by the requirement of loading the almighty GMM app before anything else touches your device. Or you can upgrade to the latest version which will introduce a whole new set of bugs for you and your IT department to agonize and waste time over. Good luck and keep us posted.
    I would upgrade to at least .34, as that would fix your GMM auto-launching upon a soft reset.

Regarding the rest of the issues... well i just checked and your device doesn't seem to be supported. I don't know why GMM can't certify a specific family, but my experience has shown that even the same phone (between two carriers) can end with one being supported and the other having issues.

On the flip side, I've been running GMM since 4.8 (including various beta's) and have yet to see any similiar issues as to the one that you describe.
  5.    #5  
    My fix for this is to type the number in a note, cut and paste into the phone dialler and that works OK. Thanks for checking on the supported handset list - didn't know that..
    The Trinity is not a supported device. The reason we don't certify a family is exactly why Darthkim pointed out. Carriers each put their own specific ROM image on a device which affects how GMM runs on that device.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    The Trinity is not a supported device. The reason we don't certify a family is exactly why Darthkim pointed out. Carriers each put their own specific ROM image on a device which affects how GMM runs on that device.
    LOL. Good will always be months behind supporting any of the new, bleeding edge phones. Even the ones that they list as "supported" usually have their own bug "reaction" to a GMM installation. Installing GMM is like rubbing poison ivy on your body. Not everyone will react the same, but it will still be uncomfortable nonetheless. If you can, your best bet is to go with Exchange Activesync. Although not as robust on the admin side, it does work on almost all devices, even the new ones. Good needs a radical change in their GMM architecture. Maybe in 5.0.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Good should be built to run on a particular OS (especially one as popular as Windows Mobile 5.0) and not be dependant on the hardware.

Fortunately, I don't have any problems (other than the above) and it works quite well. Also I can edit the homescreen to put the GM Contacts and Calender firmly out of the way. So overall, I am quite happy. And this latest version doesn't keep auto-starting every 5 mins..
    Last edited by HTC_Trinity; 08/01/2007 at 05:27 AM.
    I have the same problem with a PPC-6700. I'm still looking for solutions since mine is a "supported" device. I'm not having much sucess finding any answers though.