1.    #1  
    what is the difference is class 2,4,6 etc.. I looking into a 755 and want to get a card so what class do I have to get? You can only go up to 4gb correct?
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    Classes only apply to SDHC cards, which is a newer standard.

SD, miniSD, and microSD are all compatible with each other, just a different size.

SDHC is backwards compatible with SD, and allows for a greater capacity. Its the same way though, SDHC, miniSDHC, and microSDHC are all compatible.

The class numbers refer to the write speeds. Class 2 specifies a minimum of 2 MB/s, Class 4- 4 MB/s, Class 6- 6 MB/s.

If its for a 755p, you'll need either a miniSD/HC card, or a microSD/HC card with an adapter. I would personally suggest the micro, since that can be used in your current Treo and any future device you use. By the end of the year supposedly, Sandisk will be introducing microSDHC cards in 6 and 8 GB capacities.
  3.    #3  
    wow, things have changed a bit since I bought sd cards last for my tx. So mini is what the 755 uses and the assumtion is micro could be used for future devices so go with the micro. What is the highest cap card that the 755 can use? i know my tx could only go up to 4 gb. Are there any mini sd cards not compatible with the treos?
    Last edited by tritan; 07/25/2007 at 08:18 AM.
    Tritan

The 755p works great with 4gb miniSDHC cards, I have one in mine right now. It is assumed since the 700p works completely fine with 8GB SDHC cards, that when the microSHDC 8 GB card is released later this year, that it will work in the 755p with a micro-to mini adapter, but since nobody has one, that can't be proven. What's the most annoying is that there are way too many formats of cards, I hope that things standardize on SDHC for larger devices and microSDHC for smaller ones.

Mini- should be killed off ASAP, honestly, which it seems to be since it seems micro- development is advancing faster. They'll never settle to one type of card though because the companies have realized that at one point you have enough memory cards and stop buying them, so at that point they'll have to invent another one.
  5.    #5  
    Does that mean mini might be cheaper in price if its a dieing format? Where is the best place to look. I searched buy.com amazon and both don't have 4gb mini cards.
    Tritan

I just got a 4gb miniSDHC card off Amazon's marketplace, from Digital Media Source.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I just got a 4gb miniSDHC card off Amazon's marketplace, from Digital Media Source.
    what brand card and how much?
    Tritan

Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    what brand card and how much?
    Brand is Toshiba, and it cost like 70 bucks I believe.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Brand is Toshiba, and it cost like 70 bucks I believe.
    I think I am going to staples today and going to see what kind of deals they have right now.
    Tritan