Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I updated to the new 1.10 MR the day after it released. I use Verizon. Prior to the update, my phone suffered frequent bluetooth pairing issues and lags betweeen applications. Otherwise, reasonably stable.

Ran the update from the SD card. Afterwards, did the reprogramming and updating the roaming lists. Restored my data. Bluetooth still not working right, suddenly getting Error 3000 on data connections, lags still there and now, getting an annoying tone whenever network coverage changes (even though sounds are all off).

Called Verizon. They got Palm on the line. Two hours later, Palm says there is a problem they know about and they tell Verizon to send me a new phone.

New phone arrives with 1.10 already on it. I take it out of the box and DO NOT restore my applications. Same problems. Restore data, same problems. Call into Verizon on Friday. They try to get Palm on the line. Palm insists we must do another hard reset before they will discuss it. No time to screw around at this time so I call back Monday after I did the hard reset.

Verizon can't figure it out. They had me reprogram twice after a system reset. Nothing. They ask me what I want them to do... OMG... do they really want a true answer this question? I told them I want a phone that works. I want one with 1.06 on it. They said they can't do that as all replacement phones have 1.1 on them. I told them the problem is theirs and Palms to fix and resolve - I told him if they had a comparable phone with Palm on it, I would accept that, but since they don't, they need to find a solution or I will go elsewhere and force them to accept the return.

They are trying to get a local store to cough up a new phone instead of a refurb. I will post an update if that works better... it will be a new phone but with 1.10 on it. They do not have any 1.06 phones left.
    South Central PA - the area time forgot when it comes to wireless.

Verizon Treo 755P, VersaMail, SplashNotes, eMedic, ePocrates, Hazmatter, Street Drugs, mLights, LEDOff, KeyCaps600, Palm Insider, BackUp Buddy,

Device Graveyard: Treo 700P, Treo 650P, Kyocera 7135, Kyocera 6035, Blackberry, Palm V with OmniSky Modem, Palm III with Novatel modem and land line modem, US Robotics PalmPilot (original)
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I got a new phone (not refurb) with 1.06 on it. That is how it will stay at this point. Hopefully Palm will fix the dang thing and release an update soon... of course this assumes they admit they screwed up.
    South Central PA - the area time forgot when it comes to wireless.

Verizon Treo 755P, VersaMail, SplashNotes, eMedic, ePocrates, Hazmatter, Street Drugs, mLights, LEDOff, KeyCaps600, Palm Insider, BackUp Buddy,

Device Graveyard: Treo 700P, Treo 650P, Kyocera 7135, Kyocera 6035, Blackberry, Palm V with OmniSky Modem, Palm III with Novatel modem and land line modem, US Robotics PalmPilot (original)
    Given how quick VZW was to flash their stock (& refurbs), I'm very surprised that you were able to get a unit with the old firmware on it. Congratulations on your downgrade